My best ^%#$@%#$ tank just broke!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
My best tank, a little 10gal heavily planted [ The tank in my sig that holds the molly fry? Thats the tank! ] just exploded!

I had it drained, so I could move it to another part of the house and set up on a stand. Well, I get it on the bottom shelf [ one of those iron stands that holds two 10gal tanks ], gravel back in, plants back in, fish back in, snails back in, equipment hooked up.

It was looking just BEAUTIFUL! Then I go to put the top rack on the tank, Only to find, thanks to a noise that could be best described as a gunshot, that the stand was defective and cut wrong at the factory. The 10gal shattered on the end, from top to freakin bottom.

ARGH!!!!

So I had to rescue my fish, my snails, my plants.. everything!

I was already feeling ill [ Was up sick last night with something wrong with my stomach, not to be to graphic ] and this was the last thing I wanted to be doing!

Well, long story short.

All my fry had to be moved to the Tetra 10gal tank temporarily, since thats the only tank that nothing will eat them in.

All my plants had to be moved to my female betta tank, as did my snail [ This snail is the most perfect snail I've ever seen! ] and my new redclaw crab.

I'll probably end up moving the redclaw so he does not muck with my Banjo Cat.

To end, everyones settled into their new homes, I'm recovering from my heartattack, and the female betta tank looks real nice with all the plants on the Moon Sand.

Betta Tank Before

http://www.googlywoog.com/images/aquarium/tanks 001.jpg

and Betta Tank after the disaster

http://www.googlywoog.com/images/new02.jpg

and this is the Redclaw making his home in the back corner, Hiding

http://www.googlywoog.com/images/new03.jpg
http://www.googlywoog.com/images/new04.jpg

Banjo cat getting away from all the activity

http://www.googlywoog.com/images/new05.jpg

Sorry about the blurredness of the pics, but some of them I had to hold the camera without leaning against anything and, understandably, my hands are a little trembly right now.

wow, that really sucks. My fear is that one of my tanks will fall and crash. I have carpeted floors and live in LA (earthquake county).

That's a pretty cool crab you got there. Don't crabs need to be able to surface above the water? Just curious b/c I like them, but I've heard they need to surface once in a while. Also, does your crab ever pester fish, particularly bottom dweellers?

Edit: BTW, what is Bawls?

Oh god, that SUCKS! Believe it or not I know that sound because the toilet at an apartment I lived in exploded, lol. Thank God it was only a 10g and you can go and buy another one ASAP.

Bawls is a high caffeine drink.

wow so sorry for your misfortune you can pat yourself on the back it sure sounds like you are a quick thinker and handled it admirably.

My crab has access to get above the water, You can't tell it from the picture tho.

I don't know if I'm going to rebuild the tank, since I've already got everyone moved to the other tanks.. I may get another 10gal to put the molly fry in since the tank their in will be overstocked if they get any bigger.

Bawls is a high caffine drink, Computer nerds like me drink it quite often :p

Its in there because I like the bottles, their bizzare and unique. They were cleaned inside and out very well before coming within 4 feet of my tank ;)

The fish can hide behind and around the bottles, but not in. If you look close they are capped off, didn't want to risk it :)

Oh bummer William! Good think it happened while you were around *shivers*

Aaaaaug!

First, tsonnenl's defective stand (no explosion, thank goodness), then Sati's chipped tank, now your defective stand. All the result of shoddy workmanship and/or shipping! What ever happened to quality control?

at least you were there to find homes for your displaced creatures and clean up the mess.

This is the stuff my 55 gal nightmares are made of.
*glances nervously at tank*

Its my fault, really.

I felt something was amist with the stand, I just couldn't figure out what.

Unfortunately it was the sound of shatterig glass that clued me in on the defect I felt, but did not see.

BTW, It was one of those Wal-Mart Iron Stands that hold two 10gal tanks.

I have one, that I got before this one and its what holds Betta Land [ My two Betta Tanks ]. and everythings just fine.. It was just one bad piece that made it through, I guess.. I donno.

I'm trying to put the episode out of my mind :p

Sorry to hear about that. Another thing to make us all worry about at night 8O

Well, they say bad things happen in 3s.

two defective stands and a chipped tank, I'd say thats three.. So everyone else must be good to go for ahwile.

Sorry to hear about the tank, William. However, looked at your pics, your plants look good. I was real glad to see that! :wink:

Thanks.

And like I said, it was my best tank, had 20-25 watts of CF light on it

I moved the lighting with the plants, because I didn't want to take a chance on them dying :)

Thanks.

Got the replacement tank today, I really don't want to set the tank back up, but I could not pass up a 10gal for 5 bucks, and I do need to get all those fry out of the tetra tank.

I need to get rid of some of those fry, but someone thinks they all belong to her and wants to keep all the fry, the mother, the tetras, teh CAE AND she wants to go buy more, and put them all in the same 10gal.

Its no wonder I have a migrane right now.

Back
Top Bottom