My betta cut himself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hholly

Aquarium Advice Addict
Dont know what he did it on, but he has a vertical slice on his side. It doesn't appear very deep. What can I do for him to heal him up?
Thanks!

Hholly said:
Dont know what he did it on, but he has a vertical slice on his side. It doesn't appear very deep. What can I do for him to heal him up?
Thanks!

Salt and water changes. Watch for infections...

Hholly said:
Thanks!

Very clean water and a little bit of aquarium salt. If it gets infected then he will need meds. He should heal just fine with clean water. :)

45gal., 3 Furcata rainbows, 3 threadfin rainbows, 6 white cloud minnows, 1 albino bristlenose pleco and live plants. If need be I can put him back in his 2gal. bowl. It's heated but no filter.

Hholly said:
45gal., 3 Furcata rainbows, 3 threadfin rainbows, 6 white cloud minnows, 1 albino bristlenose pleco and live plants. If need be I can put him back in his 2gal. bowl. It's heated but no filter.

Ya, the salt wont be very great for the plants, but they can live with it for a short period.

Hholly said:

You can add a half dose slowly and see how the pleco takes it. The plants will be fine. Salts isn't NEEDED but it does help.

I had a Fish with a open sore on it side, I put him in a 10g tank. the meds I used was little salt, and malflax.

If your going to keep him in the big tank you could try just malflax, its plant safe... So say Label, but it didnt hurt mine and a minor dose. Just to insure any of my others in my 29 Didnt get any infections. I had minor worry about fin rot, but I think the barbs were just nipping him.

He wasn't cut as bad as I first thought. Just some scales missing. He seems to be doing really well. Thanks all!

Back
Top Bottom