My BioCube 29 gallon journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I gotta say the AL Sol blue is awesome. Still can't believe the difference in the light. The pics I took were zero white and 4 % of each blue. It's my moon light setting. I might be able to raise the settings faster than normal cause all the corals I have came from a store that uses all AL Sol as the coral lighting so they are use to the light but I am not rushing it.

Yeah brother! Told ya you'd love the AI! Looks awesome. Kinda reminds me of another tank lol. Good stuff though! Your gonna love it.

Convict2161 said:
Yeah brother! Told ya you'd love the AI! Looks awesome. Kinda reminds me of another tank lol. Good stuff though! Your gonna love it.

Lol well that other tank looks good. Consider it a trend setter.

Looks nice! I'm new to this and just started a biocube a few days ago. What do you have in the upper right corner?

Missy19 said:
Looks nice! I'm new to this and just started a biocube a few days ago. What do you have in the upper right corner?

On the back wall? On the right more toward the middle on the back wall is one of my hydor koralia 425 pumps. If that's not what u meant let me know. I assume u mean the right looking at it

It looks like something attached to the upper right corner by the water intake. I don't have that so I assumed its something you added

Missy19 said:
It looks like something attached to the upper right corner by the water intake. I don't have that so I assumed its something you added

It's my Mexican Turbo snail lol. I like to hang out back there. They are big I have two in there and they keep things nice and clean

Or if you are talking about the thing on the suction cup it is a digital thermometer. That's the probe and then the other side hangs on the outside of the tank. Gives you temp to a tenth of a degree. Sorry think that's what u meant

Love my tank and the people on here are a great help. Just gets expensive but fun

Thanks to convict my fuge is up and running with a light so now hopefully it will grow like mad and help with trates. Also was thinking about adding a ton of pods to it so they can live in there and get pulled Into the tank as well. What's the best method for this

I want a host for my clown. What is my best bet? I know there is no guarentee but can I get some ideas please.

22engine said:
I want a host for my clown. What is my best bet? I know there is no guarentee but can I get some ideas please.

Google what anemones have for hosts in the wild. Certain clowns have better chances with certain anenome.

Unfortunately- tank raised clowns are hopeless IMO.

22engine said:
Thanks to convict my fuge is up and running with a light so now hopefully it will grow like mad and help with trates. Also was thinking about adding a ton of pods to it so they can live in there and get pulled Into the tank as well. What's the best method for this

Anytime brother. Glad it all made it! lol. Pods you can introduce into your fuge or right into your display tank.

Of going directly into your display tank. Do it I. Total darkness, turn all pumps off, skimmer anything, leave off for about 30 minutes and then you can turn power heads on. Leave your main pump (MJ1200) off a little longer. This method I have used and have had great success.

I've left everything off for almost 2 hours (I fell asleep) everything was fine.

Check out reefs2go.com try have great deals. Right now they have an awesome fuge algae deal which includes 2,000 pods for 40 bucks with free shipping.

http://www.reefs2go.com/product/MAC...&utm_campaign=refugiumkit-40&utm_medium=email

Oh and the zoas look awesome. Let the addiction begin lol! Wait it has already begun. Enjoy brother.

I have a tank raised and he goes in the maxi i find that most clownfish will also house in certain corals aswell as nems wild or not depends on how the fish feels i spose

Also Chief would I put all that In the fuge or plant the shaving in the display.

22engine said:
Is that a torch coral he is in?

Yup he found a home in the torch.

22engine said:
Also Chief would I put all that In the fuge or plant the shaving in the display.

IMO you would want that in the fuge not in your display tank, however I have seen some tanks of you google that have a planted SW tank. Not sure how hard it would be to maintain. I'd stick with putting it in the fuge.

I've also seen people put little hand on racks in thee display tank holding some macro algae. Not a fan of that though.

Back
Top Bottom