My biowheel is slow and often stops...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hisc1ay

Aquarium Advice FINatic
and I'm not sure what to clean. I noticed that occasionally I'll find my biowheel on my Emperor 280 stopped. It used to be because snails got in the way, but the clown loaches have solved that problem. Now I notice that the "power" part of the filter (the tube with the water holes that squirts to move the wheel) only has 2 streams instead of 4. So my question is kind of twofold.

1) What do I use to clean that piece?

2) What might be causing the problem?

It could be mineral deposits, and probably is, but I thought I would ask anyway.

-j

I would just use a cloth over a stick to get down in the tube and use a needle to clean out the spray bar hole. btw-just as a general disclaimer and good practice: use a cloth that you dont wash with detergents or your car oil etc, hehe.

I'm not sure if this will help, but I noticed with my biowheels cutting the filter behind the wheel allowed more water flow.

make sure the little blue bushings that the wheel spins on are clean and in good shape. if it seems that there isnt enough water going through then clean the entire filter. inside the tube, the propler, where the propler sits everything!

Back
Top Bottom