My cichlid is holding EGGS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When do you guys think my cichlid will let her fry out??

She let one out!!! But she won't let him back in:0

The rest will be coming soon. My lab will hold till they start popping out, she'll try to get it back. Then the rest try to get out and then she just spits them all. drop some food in to see if she eats, If she doe's put her back in the other tank. Shes done and the babies don't need her.

MikeWidd said:
The rest will be coming soon. My lab will hold till they start popping out, she'll try to get it back. Then the rest try to get out and then she just spits them all. drop some food in to see if she eats, If she doe's put her back in the other tank. Shes done and the babies don't need her.

Will she swallow them if I put food in for her??

She won't eat if she still holding babies, That's how you know she spit them all out. she will start eating. Then put her back with the other fish.

MikeWidd said:
She won't eat if she still holding babies, That's how you know she spit them all out. she will start eating. Then put her back with the other fish.

There ready to come out but she dosnt want them to

Will she take care of them??or can I take her out and how do I take care of cichlid fry??

Can some one please help i don't know what to do with her fry!!!!!

Dean jones said:
Ryleyman is she in a separate tank by herself ? Or in the main tank mate ?

There ok now I put them I'm a small breeder net in one of my empty ten gallons

I thought you already she was in the 10 gallon. That's why i said just leave her alone, she'll do it when she's ready. I've never stripped my labs. Sometimes she can hardly keep her mouth shut but still won't spit.

Patience my friend.

Got some fry food!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• image-3763545052.jpg
    image-3763545052.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 57
I have a 15 gallon I use for my fry but most the time I just leave them in the main 120 gallon tank now. I have a large rock slide on one side of it and they ususally hide in there until they can join the general population. Then they do and I scoop them up and take them to the fish store.
Dont want no banjo playing in my tank.

I have never taken the eggs from my cichlids mouth; I have seen my yellow cichlid spit her eggs out a couple of times; my blue (Acei) have had a couple batches but I have never seen her spit them out.
I am always giving babies away to a Biology teacher who sets up several tanks in class rooms..

Good luck, just be patient and wait her out

I used to leave my fry in my 120 with my other fish and some would make it until I moved my compressiceps over they can get into any hiding spot and find a meal of fry... Make sure you hold them in a separate tank till they can fend for themselves with other fish... It's so exciting seeing it happen for the first time congrats

Back
Top Bottom