My Cory lost an eye !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cinciboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
One of my bronze cory lost one eye. These is a red spot in the place of the eye.. Is that anything I can do ..like medication... Is it normal to loose an eye ??????

1Redtail Botia
4 Corys
1 Clown Pleco
2 Bolivian Ram
1 Sword tail
1 Cat fish (Synodontis)
3 Neon Tetras
1 Chocalate Gourami

29 Gal High tank

EDITED -

hmmm, this is a bit of stumper for me....maybe your pleco accidentally sucked it off because the catfish was sleeping or i dont know....anyone else please ring in on possibilities

mr86mister said:
hmmm, this is a bit of stumper for me....maybe your pleco accidentally sucked it off because the catfish was sleeping or i dont know....anyone else please ring in on possibilities

My bronze cories are always restless... running here and there..sometime I can hear it knocking some gravels... The Julie cories are peaceful and they dont move much except feeding.. Bronze cories sometimes bump into other fishes when get excited.. I suspect that might have happened resulting in losing an eye..

My best guess is that it ran into a decoration on accident? Do you have any rocks or drift wood that it might have hit?

My albino cory lost an eye to my male gourami. I found the rest of them cowering in an upper corner of the tank the next day. I moved all of my cories to another tank. They now live with 3 snails and a wood shrimp.

Hard to be sure how the injury occurred, but likely by banging into something. Just keep an eye on it for signs of infection, and so long as it heals, he should be just fine.

The cory was having some kind of white scale forming around the damaged eye. So I seperated it and used some Melafix. Today I released it into the tank after two days in melafix water. It is doing fine now...

Once on of my fish's eyes popped out of its socket. I was kinda worried about it, but a week later the eye was back in its original position and appeared to be working. Fish must have durable eyes.

Back
Top Bottom