My discus planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a few of those Cory cats they are very active and good for cleaning the extra food in the tank I use them in my Discus tank

I have a few of those Cory cats they are very active and good for cleaning the extra food in the tank I use them in my Discus tank

Yeah man they're brilliant I got eight other different types in the tank :)

Looks good all but the peppered one I don't like the look of those lol just my opinion

Me too man! My girlfriends uncle is a breeder he wanted to come see my tank for ages and when he came round I was surprised for him to say that she is his favourite and a lovely fish! Some love it some hate it! I hate it too lol thinking of getting two super red melons but would that be over stocking I currently have 6 discus in a 240l which I think is 55g would two more be pushing it???

Just wondering, why is it so hard?
I think it'd be worth doing for sure, they are gorgeous fish, regaurdless.

The hard bit is funding the exact conditions your discus in your tank like! Every discus every tank is different just do loads of research start with the basics and then slowly build up knowledge then when you have enough get the setup and discus you would like then it's time to put all the preparation into practice then it's up to you to realise what really works out of all the nonsense and with your fish. This is the hard bit discus get stressed very easily for hundreds of different things and from this stress endless numbers of diseases etc will occur. Where as most other tropical fish there is a handful of factors to create the perfect invoronment for them and if they are not all met then nine times out if ten the fish will just simply be a little unhappy. So basically discus are ***** fish that can't tolerate much going on around them at all and an equal balance is needed. This makes our job as the fish keeper very hard!

Thanks Joey! I appreciate all the honesty behind your answer. I'm not in any rush to do a tank of them yet so I have tons of time to research and decide if I even want them for sure yet.

Thanks Joey! I appreciate all the honesty behind your answer. I'm not in any rush to do a tank of them yet so I have tons of time to research and decide if I even want them for sure yet.

Yeah man that's it just chill take your time and dose up on them discus articles!

Just got a pic of my six discus and my African bush fish all in one shot :)

image-4286305029.jpg

Hey Joe I just bought some discus from Indiana ship to New York got here safe

Attachments

• image-1885486747.jpg
    image-1885486747.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 58
Back
Top Bottom