My first Betta.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gakkan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys got my first betta, a really cool mustard gas colour. Nicely cycled 5 gallon tank and planted, also got a bamboo shrimp in there.
As you will see he's quite active, been feeding flakes mixed with freeze dried brines and the odd freeze dried blood worm, actually more worried about my shrimp feeding atm =P
His top fin is a bit curled which I know can be a problem, he was like that when I got him though (wasn't in the best of tanks)

I've got a little video of him and was just wondering if you thought he looked ok? Typical behaviour/healthy etc. Also would you class him as a half moon? I was told he was but he looks more like a vail or slightly inbetween, I can't tell.

Chips the betta - YouTube

Thanks =)

Put a mirror up to the tank in front of him see if he puffs up and gets his fins all fanned out. From what I've heard and read this is good for them.

He puffs up quite a bit at night, think he catches his reflection, then he hides hehe chicken.

Back
Top Bottom