My first fatality :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leikela

Aquarium Advice Activist
Woke up this morning to find my most beautiful guppy girl floating on the top :'( no signs that she was sick that I could see. She was really pale when I found her - is that supposed to happen? What else can I do for the others aside from a water change?

Keep a close eye on the others. If they start to act funny or look sick then repost the symptoms and a picture.
Sorry for your loss.

Oh no it's awful when that happens!
Hopefully just a one off, post any symptoms on here and people will try and help. What are your water readings?

Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates < 5

Just noticed the temp dropped a degree overnight - could that contribute to sick fishies?

A temp drop of one degree isn't going to be an issue...fish will adjust to gradual drops in temps. Your water paramters look good..it may have just been the fish. As much as we would like to, extending their lives isn't always possible...she may have been an older adult.

So sorry.....

Your water seems ok. Maybe the fish died cause of stress etc. Or old as previously mentioned. Keep an eye on the rest of them and post on here if you have any concerns.

adadkins1 said:
Do keep an eye out for the others. How big is your tank and what are all of the inhabitants?

It's a 60L with three mollies, 4 guppies and about 7 or 8 newborns. One of my girl mollies is either down by my java moss hovering vertically with her head upwards or hiding next to the filter... Really strange. The boy has started chasing her about to the point where I think she may take out a sexual harassment claim. I'm just starting to cycle a 70L to separate the boys and girls but it will take a while :-/

Back
Top Bottom