My First Hand at planting, Pics included

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rohitp78

Aquarium Advice Activist
After receiving support from you experts out here, i have finally planted my 30G tank with 65W dual daylight CF.

I got my plants from PetSupermarket who had received big shipment of plants. I am not able to identify some of them, only ones i know are Moneywrot, peacock fern, Water Sprite.

I have purchased Flourish, Flourish Potassium, Flourish nitrogen, and Flourish Phospherous. I have dosed 1/2 capful of Flourish and 3/4 capful of Flourish Phosperous and 3 capful of Plant Gro. I can see small growth in my plants, however my dollars are chomping on the new growth in some plants. I might have to return my dollars, who seem to like plants a lot.

I forgot to buy Phosphate test kit, will buy it in some days.

Attachments

• dsc01182-1_224.jpg
    dsc01182-1_224.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 22
  • dsc01184-1_691.jpg
    dsc01184-1_691.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 27
  • dsc01185-1_117.jpg
    dsc01185-1_117.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 21
  • dsc01186-1_776.jpg
    dsc01186-1_776.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 20
Ok, :( In some days , i will replace them with other. :D i think they will also end up in a pot in my patio.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I like the look as well. Your rams will really appreciate what you've done. In regard to the hedge, don't beat yourself up about it. Way too many LFS carry and sell it as an aquatic plant.

When you plant it in a pot it will wither and look like it is dead. Just make sure it is well watered and it will bounce back in a week or so. Like Jchillin said a lot of stores sell plants as aquatic when they are not.

I have doubts about the long plant in back (center image) and peacock fern(front -left side image) too. Are these aquatic or not?

After a google search I think the name "peacock fern" is not a true aquatic, it is a bog plant. however it looks a lot like wisteria. As far as the tall plant I don't know the name but I think I have seen it as a potted plant.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom