My first planted tank - don't laugh!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Plecos really don't belong with nano fish. Otos are a must in a planted tank if you ask me.. they're the best leaf cleaners money can buy!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yep. No CPDs today. I like otos too but I can't find those anywhere and I just love cories and want to try the habrosas. Ideally, I'd like to breed them because my sister wants some too and they're just cool, but we'll see how that pans out.
Anyway here's the pics from earlier - my camera isn't great but you can see the pink/orange hues on the tops of the plants.
Ammania:

Bacopa:

Cory habrosus are awesome. C pygmaeus and hastatus are quietly awesome as well. They swim all over a bit more than habrosus.
Habrosus posingImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420911236.703200.jpg

Pygmaeus posingImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420911299.857549.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nice pics!
If I can't get habrosas at the auction I'm going to be agitated. I'm on the call list for the faraway LFS but I guess time will tell.
My sponge filter has been seeding for like 3-4 weeks now I think. I'd have to check my timelines haha. I really wanted to get the CPDs this week because the auction seems my best bet for the cories and I wanted to add them in that order. I don't want to put both groups in at once either. Do you think it would be okay to start with the habrosas? I assumed they would be more sensitive to fluctuations as things settle but maybe not.

You are treating the ammania right; looks nicer in your tank than in mine.

Yeah right David! I don't believe that for a second ;)
Tina - Nah the auction I'm talking about is for my local aquarium society, sorry I should have said that. It's on the 18th.

I wish. I'm not on the "ins" with anyone yet. This is going to be my elbow rubbing debut haha

Have fun ?. I missed out at our local club auction, when I told the seller, he later gave me 3 hastatus babies for my birthday. Unfortunately they did not thrive, but he and I are still friends.

So the LFS called me last night. They said they got in CPDs, habrosas, blue eyes, hatchets, and metae.
I think I smell a half day at work!
Bioload in the tank I'm seeding in consists of ten tetras, an angel, and a hatchet so I'm crossing my fingers it should be enough to sustain the CPDs an habrosas, I didn't want to get both at once but I don't want to pass up the opportunity. I'll see what happens and monitor closely. Updates later!

Ya! If I show up and they said they're all gone there will be RAMPAGE!
I was really shocked - I called the guy on Saturday looking for all this stuff and he's like yeah I dunno I can try but don't get your hopes up and then boom he magically has them. I hope they look good and it's not like two of each haha, especially since I have to drive an hour to get them.

Whoa! I'm jealous. My LFS won't order anything. I hope you get what you wanted. Sounds like a really nice stocking plan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Good news bad news. I went there to get CPDs, habrosas, and hatchets (for the 35)
I get there and they're regular danios not CPD. No habrosas.
So I ended up with eight hatchets for the other tank
Aaand 6 Pygmy cories and 4 otos. I couldn't believe they had otos and since pygmys explore the tank more I figured why not. I still have the auction to go to.
Pics later!

Good news bad news. I went there to get CPDs, habrosas, and hatchets (for the 35)
I get there and they're regular danios not CPD. No habrosas.
So I ended up with eight hatchets for the other tank
Aaand 6 Pygmy cories and 4 otos. I couldn't believe they had otos and since pygmys explore the tank more I figured why not. I still have the auction to go to.
Pics later!

Too bad about the CPDs! I've never had hatchets.

I currently have 6 pygmy cories and 2 otos, those numbers will be doubled by the end of the week. For how small otos are they're actually the biggest fish in my tank!

Looking forward to the pics!

Are those java ferns in the back? If so how much did they cost you and did u put root tabs?

Thanks for sharing the pics, especially the tetras. It's looking good (y)

Back
Top Bottom