My first planted tank - don't laugh!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy batcave!!! Aspidoras?? Those the tiny corys? ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes they're awesome. They went in my 35. They didn't have anything I went for but the boraras maculatus are going to sub out for the chilis and blue eyes. Only thing left to get are the CPDs and some more Pygmy cories.
Brookster-I don't know anything about those plants but they were a buck each. Do you think they'll be ok in this setup?

Ok, wow.. this plants all sound pretty demanding.. where are the shellies going??

Yeah. You want em? Haha. If you or David have any need they're free. I thought at least the ammania would be ok.
Not sure about the Shellies yet they were one of the last lots and a dollar and the guy didn't want them back. I have an empty 20 and an empty 5 so I could use either. I have a spare sponge filter rated for 30g seeded and a 100w heater and probably enough sand for the five but not much else at the moment. I know it was a bad impulse but but hey. I'll figure it out. Probably will use the 20.

The 20 would work. They're awesome little fish, get some pool fikter sand..you'll need a lot of shells. Start a thread in the cichlid forum.. plant the plants, see what happens..

Yeah the problem with PFS is that I can't get any until warm season. I have some regular aquarium sand but not a lot. One of my pals said he had tons of extra shells to give me so I should be square there. I have some reading up to do!

Petco black sand would be cool, which variety? Brevis? Sky blue with blue eyes??

Little super psychos, don't put them in a community tank!!

I know. They're in the 20 right now but in a floating trap because my boyfriend bought a bunch of livebearers for his house and I have nowhere else to put them so they're sharing the heater. Roads are too bad to drop them off tonight.
I don't see how there could be five of them anyway. There's one shell and I've only seen one peek out. Anyhow, I'll take a trip tomorrow for some sand and stuff.

I must be the only fortunate soul to know pool guys and have PFS available all year long. I just don't use it, lol ?

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Haha treeman. I have three pool spots that all close in the fall and open again in spring grr.

That a ghost shrimp? I have had one ghost shrimp with eggs for 3 weeks now...i think

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

All for only $70??? Wow you really got some good deals!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom