My First Saltwater Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea I tested nitrate and ammonia and it's 0

My guess would be either your doing the test wrong, or it's a bad kit. What brand are you using?

Yep make sure to read your derections cuz I was doing nitrate wrong and before I figured it out I was up to 20 ppm

API saltwater master test kitImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396581226.131823.jpg

I'll try again after work.

I tested real quick..

Ammonia changed a little I guess.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396582738.297652.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396582749.665127.jpg

Ok I have the same kind for nitrate you put ten drops of part one then shake part two for 30 sec then put ten drops of it then shake for 1 min then wait 5 min then check color chart!

Ok i should redo that part because i usually just rush it.

Well it won't be accurate if you don't do it exactly as it says in the instructions.

Read the bottle just didn't know I had to shake in between bottle 1 and 2

Ok so I tore down my 10 gallon. I plan on going to a real fish store tomorrow morning, not petco lol. Question, do I need any special filter media when cycling tank? What filter stuff should I get?

Ok so I tore down my 10 gallon. I plan on going to a real fish store tomorrow morning, not petco lol. Question, do I need any special filter media when cycling tank? What filter stuff should I get?

Sorry to hear about your 10g :( sounds like you were making some progress with the cycle.
What did you do with the liverock and sand?

The rocks and sand is in a bucket. The cycle just wasn't moving for some reason

IMO the tank is to small for an anemone. The tank needs to be 8-10 months old for a nem as well and very strong lighting

It can handle anemone I got a 14g tank and it's stacked I had two anemone in it at one time just half to make sure everything's good and keep up on it but I also have a Pacifica 108 on it. It's over kill but I got all the lake I need

Started over Day 1

Get new live sand/Eco friendly purple live rock.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398979547.212342.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398979556.364502.jpg

Yes i will have to break them up smaller

Watch you guys think about this light for 10 gallon? Should I buy 2 of them?

Watch you guys think about this light for 10 gallon? Should I buy 2 of them?

I think you'd be better off with a real par38 bulb from reefkoi.com or something similar. That way you'll be guaranteed to have a proven bulb with solid manufacturing, a warranty, and a general peace of mind. That light may or may not last very long, or even be of the right spectrum.

If you compare buying two of these ($60 total) to one solid par38 bulb (~$80 total), I'm pretty sure the par38 would be a better option. The $20 extra you spend will pay off in the long run.

Just my opinion! Buying a good light from the beginning will save you costs down the line IME.

Back
Top Bottom