My first SW tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The origin of the Coral Banded Shrimp is the Caribbean, Hawaii, Indonesia, Cebu, Sumatra, and Sri Lanka. A great addition to your tank as it will control your Bristle Worms and Flat Worms population. This invert will thrive in a established aquarium no smaller then 55 gallons since it is a scavenger with a big appetite. Its diet consist of sinking pellets, frozen fish food, and chopped shrimp or fish.

It was off the Fish I.D. App.

Depends on how you feed your tank, if they can get a hold of enough food, smaller tanks are fine, but they do have hearty appetites and are aggressive to boot. I personally disagree with what liveaquaria says. I have seen them pull apart smaller members of a CUC and munch on them and have been accredited to smaller fish disappearing. They get pretty big for a shrimp and have no problem chasing down slower inverts.

I'll personally never own one again. I think cleaner shrimp are way more personable and fun. Mine loved to clean under my nails and run up and down my arm when I was in the tank.

Jimbo7 said:
Depends on how you feed your tank, if they can get a hold of enough food, smaller tanks are fine, but they do have hearty appetites and are aggressive to boot. I personally disagree with what liveaquaria says. I have seen them pull apart smaller members of a CUC and munch on them and have been accredited to smaller fish disappearing. They get pretty big for a shrimp and have no problem chasing down slower inverts.

I'll personally never own one again. I think cleaner shrimp are way more personable and fun. Mine loved to clean under my nails and run up and down my arm when I was in the tank.

Thanks alot I'll be looking in to replacing him!

Thanks hopefully it'll get here this week! Amazon says next week but they are usually faster. I was thinking about adding a tiger snapping shrimp to replace my CBS.

That would bring my stock to---

2x clowns
1x snapping shrimp
1xwatchmen goby
1x chalk bass
1x purple fire fish.
8x CUC

How's it look?

Sharkbait54 said:
Thanks hopefully it'll get here this week! Amazon says next week but they are usually faster. I was thinking about adding a tiger snapping shrimp to replace my CBS.

That would bring my stock to---

2x clowns
1x snapping shrimp
1xwatchmen goby
1x chalk bass
1x purple fire fish.
8x CUC

How's it look?

Looks about full but a good stock. Fish wise anyway. You can add more clean up crew if u want.

22engine said:
Looks about full but a good stock. Fish wise anyway. You can add more clean up crew if u want.

Yeah I'm possibly gonna add a porcelain crab and maybe some hermits. I told the guy at the lfs that I wanted some and then told him I had 8 snails and he was like that's more than enough. He's new though lol.

I still have what seems to be a huge algae bloom I'm sure it's diatoms. Although its all over the glass instead of just the rock and sand. Is this normal?

I was thinking they might be the bulbs I've heard old bulbs sometimes cause algae so I'm going to replace them soon.

I'd love to replace the splash guard on this thing since its scratched and old. I've been looking around and have had no luck. I even contacted oceanic and have had no response. I might just make a thread see if anyone else has had this issue.

Sharkbait54 said:
Yeah I'm possibly gonna add a porcelain crab and maybe some hermits. I told the guy at the lfs that I wanted some and then told him I had 8 snails and he was like that's more than enough. He's new though lol.

I still have what seems to be a huge algae bloom I'm sure it's diatoms. Although its all over the glass instead of just the rock and sand. Is this normal?

I was thinking they might be the bulbs I've heard old bulbs sometimes cause algae so I'm going to replace them soon.

I'd love to replace the splash guard on this thing since its scratched and old. I've been looking around and have had no luck. I even contacted oceanic and have had no response. I might just make a thread see if anyone else has had this issue.

Yes lights can cause issues. If its diatoms it will go away. I have a small mag float for the glass. It's awesome and look at a nano one too. I'm going to order the nano one off in tank cause there are spots that the mag float scraper is to big to get to. I get this like hazy film on the inside of the glass that I use the float scraper to clean off every other day. Kinda a pain in the rear end. I have read a protein skimmer would help so that might be next project. I need to stay off Boston reefers cause there are so many good corals from local people cheap and spend my extra cash on those lol. Getting a nine headed teal candy cane tomorrow.

22engine said:
Yes lights can cause issues. If its diatoms it will go away. I have a small mag float for the glass. It's awesome and look at a nano one too. I'm going to order the nano one off in tank cause there are spots that the mag float scraper is to big to get to. I get this like hazy film on the inside of the glass that I use the float scraper to clean off every other day. Kinda a pain in the rear end. I have read a protein skimmer would help so that might be next project. I need to stay off Boston reefers cause there are so many good corals from local people cheap and spend my extra cash on those lol. Getting a nine headed teal candy cane tomorrow.

Awesome! I'm probably gonna start corals next year.

Let me know what glass cleaner you get.

Can't wait tomorrow I do my routine water change and Thursday I go pick up my bass, fire fish, and crab!

Just added this little dude hopefully he'll be fine ill take a pic as soon as i can (tomorrow)

Attachments

• image-2755503057.jpg
    image-2755503057.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 59
Sharkbait54 said:
Just added this little dude hopefully he'll be fine ill take a pic as soon as i can (tomorrow)

Thats kewl. What sort is it

Its a porcelian crab. He's tiny!!!

Update my power head and wave maker should get here friday at the latest!!

Ok so I contacted two sites and they told me it was discontinued :( I sent another message to oceanic hopefully they'll have one laying around.

Ok so I'm never going to be able to take a pic of the tiger shrimp he's under his rock. It's great within 30min he found the goby and they started making tunnels under my rock it's awsome!

I also got a beautiful purple fire fish he looks awsome!! I also decided to go with a royal bass but he's still hiding here are a few picks.

I got the wave maker and my other power head I will be installing shortly!!

Attachments

• image-3824960347.jpg
    image-3824960347.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 68
  • image-2894011698.jpg
    image-2894011698.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 80
  • image-739230020.jpg
    image-739230020.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 85
Just installed the wavemaker put it on 30min intervals.... Works like a charm!

Attachments

• image-3781465264.jpg
    image-3781465264.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 92
Back
Top Bottom