My Fish In Cycle :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The schools around here are actually pretty good for the most part. However, we do spend a lot of time working with out children.
I do try to supplement at home, I did luck out and my daughter got the best teacher in the system for kindergarten, she was reading and writing within the first 3 weeks, with my help of course :)

See what happens when you get distracted? You drop things!! ;)

Try and be more careful... Don't wanna see ya getting hurt or anything.

I do try to supplement at home, I did luck out and my daughter got the best teacher in the system for kindergarten, she was reading and writing within the first 3 weeks, with my help of course :)
Sounds like a smart little girl. My daughter is in 3rd grade and is in advanced classes. Her teacher once called me in to tell me that my daughter was struggling with math. I went in with my daughter and asked the teacher to explain the problem. She indicated that multiplication was the issue. At this point I started asking my daughter random problems. She solved them in her head and voiced the answers. I asked the teacher again what was the problem. She said the problem was that my daughter wouldn't stop shouting out the answers.

Zaedon said:
Sounds like a smart little girl. My daughter is in 3rd grade and is in advanced classes. Her teacher once called me in to tell me that my daughter was struggling with math. I went in with my daughter and asked the teacher to explain the problem. She indicated that multiplication was the issue. At this point I started asking my daughter random problems. She solved them in her head and voiced the answers. I asked the teacher again what was the problem. She said the problem was that my daughter wouldn't stop shouting out the answers.

That's funny! And why was that a problem?

That's funny! And why was that a problem?
Apparently she was doing this during assignments, quizzes and test. Which I could see how that could be a problem. I couldn't see how it was a problem with math. My daughter is pretty easy to direct, so a simple don't do that corrected the problem.

Needless to say my confidence in her teacher was shook a bit. Apparently behavior problems and academic struggles are the same thing. lol

Ok so back on topic...

When are you planning on doing your rock work? When do you plan on getting more fish? I would get a least 6-8 more add them then do rock scape. Background came out really good! Window tint?

What filters are you running? Someone else said it and they were spot on. I would IMO add another filter. Your running the AC 110 right? You can add another 110 or a 70. To give you an idea I had 1 AC 110 and a penguin 350 on my 55g.

What's your lighting?

Water parameters are looking good so I'd say your pretty close.

Convict2161 said:
Ok so back on topic...

When are you planning on doing your rock work? When do you plan on getting more fish? I would get a least 6-8 more add them then do rock scape. Background came out really good! Window tint?

What filters are you running? Someone else said it and they were spot on. I would IMO add another filter. Your running the AC 110 right? You can add another 110 or a 70. To give you an idea I had 1 AC 110 and a penguin 350 on my 55g.

What's your lighting?

Water parameters are looking good so I'd say your pretty close.

I was thinking in constructing tonite, it needs time to cure so while its cookin ill go get some fish, I really wanna find a black one, maybe a banded moori and some demasoni (sp?) Are those both Malawi's?

The background is vinyl wrap, like they use to put ads on busses and such.

Not sure about the lighting, came with the kit, ill check it out at lights out tonite :)

I have the ac 110 and Topfin 60, thinkin about goin with an emperor 400 because its cost effective. I removed the carbon from the ac and put in an extra sponge since they were out of bio rings and I figure the sponge will house more bb :)

Checking parameters now :)

AndrewsPistol said:
I was thinking in constructing tonite, it needs time to cure so while its cookin ill go get some fish, I really wanna find a black one, maybe a banded moori and some demasoni (sp?) Are those both Malawi's?

The background is vinyl wrap, like they use to put ads on busses and such.

Not sure about the lighting, came with the kit, ill check it out at lights out tonite :)

I have the ac 110 and Topfin 60, thinkin about goin with an emperor 400 because its cost effective. I removed the carbon from the ac and put in an extra sponge since they were out of bio rings and I figure the sponge will house more bb :)

Checking parameters now :)

I would do another AC if money allows. The AC should have came with bio rings. If you need some PM me. I have bags of it with the media bags. Actually the rings house a lot of BB from my understanding.

Also using the AC's will allow you to add media bags of say crushed coral if need be. That's why I like them you can add almost anything to it and adjust the flow as well. I just put a 110 on my tank along with the fx5. The AC will house sponge and filter floss.

I would do another AC if money allows. The AC should have came with bio rings. If you need some PM me. I have bags of it with the media bags. Actually the rings house a lot of BB from my understanding.
Oh it did come with some, I was wantin to replace the carbon with more but they didnt have any so I sprung for the extra sponge instead. My params are amm 0 trite and trate 0 ph 8.2 still hodin strong!!! :dance:

AndrewsPistol said:
Oh it did come with some, I was wantin to replace the carbon with more but they didnt have any so I sprung for the extra sponge instead. My params are amm 0 trite and trate 0 ph 8.2 still hodin strong!!! :dance:

You go girl!!! What time will your mail run?

Sounds like you have every thing headed in the right direction. Can't wait to see some pics. Sounds like it is going to be amazing.

Zaedon said:
Sounds like you have every thing headed in the right direction. Can't wait to see some pics. Sounds like it is going to be amazing.

Very soon! I can't find my camera charger and all I have is this silly phone!

Back
Top Bottom