My Fishless Cycle...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fishman13 said:
EXACTLY what I meant! LOL! :)

Lol. We are finally n the same page. That will work. DIY CO2 is easy to make but once you set it up it is a little complicated. I'll get a drop checker to successfully measure how much CO2 you have in the tank. With the DIY, CO2 fluctuates. If you cannot keep the CO2 at 30ppm it is better to not have it. Anything lower than 30ppm and higher than 7ppm is algae heaven.

roydooms said:
Lol. We are finally n the same page. That will work. DIY CO2 is easy to make but once you set it up it is a little complicated. I'll get a drop checker to successfully measure how much CO2 you have in the tank. With the DIY, CO2 fluctuates. If you cannot keep the CO2 at 30ppm it is better to not have it. Anything lower than 30ppm and higher than 7ppm is algae heaven.

Ok finally. :) :) :) yes a little bit of work and every living thing is happy.

Fishman13 said:
Ok finally. :) :) :) yes a little bit of work and every living thing is happy.

Let's all get along and celebrate that we killed Bin Laden. Put in perspective, the co2 level for our plants seems kind of minor after watching the news, lol.

Fishman13 said:
EXACTLY what I meant! LOL! :)

OK for S & G's explain to me how I would do this and regulate the CO2. Are you saying to run a hose from injector to wand and then the bubbles would be CO?

So know my question is will there be enough Oxygen in tank once plants and fish are in there?

Now my eyes are spinning opposite!! LOL

eco23 said:
Let's all get along and celebrate that we killed Bin Laden. Put in perspective, the co2 level for our plants seems kind of minor after watching the news, lol.

LOL! He'll be plant fertilizer now. :)

jmartin71 said:
OK for S & G's explain to me how I would do this and regulate the CO2. Are you saying to run a hose from injector to wand and then the bubbles would be CO?

So know my question is will there be enough Oxygen in tank once plants and fish are in there?

Roy can u help him with the DIY CO2 because I am on the ipad and takes alot of work to type.

And yes with the DIY CO2 your plants will give off even more oxygen!!!

Fishman13 said:
Roy can u help him with the DIY CO2 because I am on the ipad and takes alot of work to type.

And yes with the DIY CO2 your plants will give off even more oxygen!!!

 OK so this might work out!! This is why I love this place!!

jmartin71 said:

Usually when people use DIY CO2 they run an aerator during "lights off" because plants During lights off takes in oxygen and the waste is CO2. Plus the DIY CO2=too much CO2. The aerator will help oxygenize the water during lights off.

For how to build a DIY CO2 check the link above fishman13 posted^^^^

roydooms said:
Usually when people use DIY CO2 they run an aerator during "lights off" because plants During lights off takes in oxygen and the waste is CO2. Plus the DIY CO2=too much CO2. The aerator will help oxygenize the water.

For how to build a DIY CO2 check the link above^^^^

So what he could do is unplug the hose from the CO2 to the tank at night. Also there is no link.

Fishman13 said:
So what he could do is unplug the hose from the CO2 to the tank at night. Also there is no link.

Ok can you shoot me a link to read on this. If I went to the LFS with this they would probably not be of much help!!

Fishman13 said:

I'd rather get a timer for the air pump. Set it to turn on when the lights turn off.

Fishman13 said:
Ok so jmartin71 I think u r now set! LOL! LMBO rofl

Do u have any another questions?

One thing know anybody in Pittsburgh that wants to donate some Media? LOL

Thanks for the help tonight I will keep everyone posted!!

jmartin71 said:
One thing know anybody in Pittsburgh that wants to donate some Media? LOL

Thanks for the help tonight I will keep everyone posted!!

Sorry don't know anyone in PA that owns a fish tank.

Your :welcome:
Anytime

Ok... as far as CO2 and bubble wands, I will weigh in since asked... everything Roy said is correct.

However... running a DIY CO2 system on a 90gal tank would be an exercise in futility. If you are going to run CO2 on a 90 gal tank, it will need to be a pressurized system.

Ok... as far as CO2 and bubble wands, I will weigh in since asked... everything Roy said is correct.

However... running a DIY CO2 system on a 90gal tank would be an exercise in futility. If you are going to run CO2 on a 90 gal tank, it will need to be a pressurized system.

So basically what i said is all wrong? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom