My FOWLR Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaloJ

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone, I have been in the saltwater hobby for several years, I have a 75 gallon tank which has been my main aquarium since 2014. Shortly after I managed to establish a mature system with several fish including angels, butterflies, clownfish and some gobies. Unfortunately the tank trashed one night and lost all the fish, some on the spot and others as the days went by. It was disastrous and I retired for a while, but since then I have not had an established tank like that, so I got some fish over time in small tanks, I was able to collect them in 2019 and everything started again, time after such a mistake silly as it was a movement in the DSB resulted in an ammonia spike that killed all the fish I had in mid 2020. I have not had marine fish since then, I'm starting engines again, I have two 10 and 20 gallon QT tanks and my main 75 gallon. Fortunately all my rock has been in operation since 2013, 8 years working. I attach photographs of my tank in April 2019 and the most recent one taken this morning, it's a new beginning for me, if everything goes well I will start planning a larger system, but first I want to be successful here, I'm not a beginner aquarist, I guess I've just been unlucky, so we've started over.

Attachments

• 20190419_215243 - copia.jpg
    20190419_215243 - copia.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20210307_120755~2.jpg
    IMG_20210307_120755~2.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 84
Nice tank! Fowlr systems are nice and easy compared to reefs! Allows you to have some cool fish is reefers could never get though.

Thanks bribo, I love reef tanks but my passion is fish, especially angels and butterflies, so my goal is to maintain this tank with both species, it's not so simple due to the feeding requirements and the way in the one that reaches the local aquariums. But once adapted they become strong fish.

True butterflies are definitely by no means an easy fish to keep! In a dream world I’d love to have a huge reef tank and a huge fowlr with many of the large angels ( Emperor, scribbled, Koran and such) and butterflies, and a harlequin tusk! But alas I’m only allowed one large tank in the future and I like coral to much (darn those dang fuzzy sticks!). Always fun to come back to the hobby!

I think we have the same wish. I would definitely love to be able to succeed with this tank first, until that happens I can't think of a bigger project, I think it's better to go step by step. I feel confident that I will do a good job with this tank, these fish are the best and the hobby is quite fun without a doubt!

A pair of angels arrived today. Acclimatizing at this time.

Attachments

• IMG_20210312_155605~2.jpg
    IMG_20210312_155605~2.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 50
Pomacanthus imperator 3 1/4"
Chaetodontoplus mesoleucus 2"

Photos tomorrow :D

This guy starting eating dry food wery well this morning.

Attachments

• P1030155~2.jpg
    P1030155~2.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 66
  • P1030157.jpg
    P1030157.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 57
Juvenile emperors are so nice looking. Kinda wish they could look like that as adults. Looks great!

Hah it censored a complement. Anyways.. that's a very pretty fish. Like ocean discus

Whys that?

It's not hate, I just don't like them, I don't consider them beautiful fish and I think they are not as difficult fish to keep as many aquarists suggest, but I respect the tastes of other aquarists, although in fresh water I prefer angels, I love them.

I did a water change last night and this is what the tank looks like this morning. I got a lot of detritus out of the sand and some more from the sump, I'm already thinking of a good skimmer.

Attachments

• IMG_20210322_080640~2.jpg
    IMG_20210322_080640~2.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 61
  • P1030197~2.jpg
    P1030197~2.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom