My Goldfish died after a 50% change ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeybsmooth

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has this happen to anyone else, a fish dying after a water change . I know that it can happen when people redo the whole thing. But not after a smaller change. :(

What was the temperature of the water you put in? How long did you have the goldfish? What are the parameters before and after the water change?

Yes. It is a spike in PH and Chlorine. Unavoidable. Local water source can suck in winter. In the summer my tank gets a 50% water change every 7 days, in the winter I break it up 25% water change every 4days... I cut back on cleaning in winter just because of this reason..... Adding Extra Seachem Prime will not hurt anything! I put in tank before AND after water change. I use a Python.

Your parameters before and after the wc, temp and your normal wc schedule would be helpful in diagnosing the issue here. I routinely do much larger wcs (very frequently) and my goldfish are happy and healthy. I suspect there is more to this than a wc as the cause. Some more info will help!

I'm doing 90% or greater changes daily without issue fish dying after a water change is because of a change in water chemistry (temperature, PH, etc)

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I am out if test strips. I will get the information a b out ph and stuff this weekend. But I don't see how it could me anything else. Everyone else seems to be doing ok. A catfish and a turtle.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just checked the H2O and the ammonia was really high for some reasons. Should I just keep changing.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom