My goldfish is crazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jayjangle

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have two goldfish, and my eldest is a fantail I have had for about six or seven months now. He is currently in his own tank because he was being a jerk to the smaller one.

Anyway, he is for sure the strangest fish I have ever seen. He is constantly active, even at night with the lights completely off and I am trying to sleep. About an hour ago, I was on my laptop next to his tank, and he was looking expectantly at me while swimming up and down the tank (not unusual, he seems to get excited when I am that close); he looked like my dogs when they want treats. After a little while of doing this, he pauses with a sort of "throw me a bone" look on his face, and then swam to the airstone and pushed it to the other side of the tank.

He then proceeded to make a ruckus by moving the gravel like he usually does at daytime. So, I decided to try feeding him to calm him down. I even gave him his favorite vegetables (cooked carrot bits), and he actually buried them all. :/

What next, will he learn to talk? :p

Back
Top Bottom