My Gourami is gone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqua315

Aquarium Advice Freak
I came home tonight after being out to find my blue gourami Rami laying on the gravel of my tank. He was already gone. This afternoon when I left he seemed perfectly fine, he was swimming as usual and had been eating. I immediately tested my water but everything is fine and all the other fish look perfectly healthy. The only thing I can think of is that he was one of my fish that survived when my tank got really bad. Now, that it's much better, I'm wondering if some lasting effects from poor water quality finally took their toll. Either that or it could have been old age. He was already pretty big when I bought him and I have no clue how old he was. He was my favorite fish and will be greatly missed...

i think you might be right about the stress your gourami went through during the bad water conditions. the same thing happened to me with my glo fish and my mickey mouse plattys. they went through the cycling of the tank but the after effects showed up about 4 months later. slowly i lost 2 plattys and 4 glo fish. sorry about your gourami. i have 5 and they are beautiful. i have 3 blue and 2 sunset. i'd get more in a minute. they are very colorful for fresh water fish and easy to keep.

Back
Top Bottom