My Hero

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeeLee2013

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, my husband and I are watching Les Stroud's bigfoot survivorman special. I'm tired and ready to hit the hay (work tomorrow ?). I go to our bathroom and am going through the normal female grooming order (Makeup? Off. Hair? Brushed. Multivitamin? Downed. Sleep aid? Yes, please!)
Anyway, I hear a scritch. I pause and try to locate the source. Figure I'm just super sensitive to sound because I just watched Les Friggin Stroud talk about weird sounds in the woods. I press forward with my routine (Moisturiser? Slathered. Teeth? Brushed.)
The scritching, scratching noise taunts me again. I pinpoint the source and go in for a closer look...
COCKROACH!!!!! ?
A bantam weight bug is hiding, going through the death throes of my well fortified home pest defenses (take that, you intruder!) but it is still alive and crawling and falling and scritching and scratching...
I walk out to my husband and ask him to be my hero and eradicate the pest. Using his flip flop, he deftly launches the makeshift projectile and ends the life of the critter which gave me the creeps!
Now, this is Florida and part of life here is that, this time of year, no matter how clean or tight a home is, a bug will get in. Doesn't mean I gotta like it!
Moral of the story?
Bug: 0
My Hero Husband: 1

The TL:DR version? My husband is my hero ? because he smashed a cockroach for me ?

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?
Florida Orchid Endler's | Documented Class N Orchid Endler's Livebearer Fish

That was very well written!

We had a pet cockroach in first grade.... :p. if I'm remembering correctly.

Back
Top Bottom