my Jewels laid eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishnewbe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok so long story short my jewels laid eggs so how long do it take for them to hatch?

are you sure they ate them and didnt just hide them? Alot of times, they will move them in to a cave or something of that sort... btw, if i remember correctly, its somewhere around 3-5 days for eggs to hatch

i thank they ate them. the or there real sneaky becouse they are still guarding the same place

if theyre still gaurding it, i would assume they are still there... dont give up hope just yet... wait for a few days and see, if you have fry, you know they didnt eat them... if they dont, well they'll have eggs in a few weeks again anyways

Hi! My experience with this species says that they are good parents. They're probably just staying in one place because they're protecting their eggs or fry. However the species have a reputation to often be bad parents so I recommend that you at least give the parents a chance to prove that they are good parents before you start raising they fry separated from their parents.

Never remove all fry from the pair as this might cause aggression (even fatal aggression) within the pair. Once you see their fry research on their diet, as far as I know they can take in mashed pellets. Here's a link you can search for when taking care of the Jewels.

Aquarium Tropical Fish Experts-Aquariums-Coral

Goodluck!

Back
Top Bottom