my job at the fish store

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

funwiththefish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
For those of you who saw my first ever post (about wanting to start my own fish store), I have an update. Two updates, actually.

For those who don't know, I'm at least 15 years away from starting my own store, but today I filled out an application for the only real lfs in my town. Here in Sioux Falls, SD we have two Wal-Marts (which don't count), a Petco (which only half-counts since it's a national chain), a MiniCritters (which I think is local and would count, but is too overpriced to actually count), and finally, we have Safari Land!! The only real lfs in Sioux Falls, SD. It's cheap, family run (a mom, her son and daughter, and possibly two or three other employees), and always great, knowledgable service. So, of course they're never hiring. But it turns out that the daughter is leaving "in the near future", and so when I asked about a job there, she mailed me an application.

I'm going to turn it in one of these days. And I know the opening would only be part time, but man wouldn't it be a great foot in the door. Think of how much I can learn. Ooh, I hope I get it. Oh, don't I sound 14?

Secondly, I applied to school at the University of South Dakota. They have some fancy business school accreditation and are actually highly ranked. I know that I'll need some business management/accounting experience as proof that I can run my own store and am worthy of a loan (a long time from now), but school is four years, and I'll take a good ten years personal experience.

This is probably a rather long post, but I don't actually do much posting. I lurk in the shadows, reading all the other posts and taking notes where applicable. Even if you don't think I'm there, I am.

I know there probably isn't anything to comment on here, but I figure who better to share my excitement with than other avid fish-lovers? Thanks for looking at this post!

hey thats awesome!
i hope you get that job! i wouldnt mind working at a lfs... ;)

goodluck

Back
Top Bottom