My marbel angle fish laid eggs! Neat.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My blue angels spawn eggs today, for their first time, after 3 hours the eggs disappear?? Now the parents are aggressive against each other ... Any idea what happened? What do I need to do different next time?

What others fish do you have in the tank. Sometimes they will eat them. If they spawn and u have time, u can remove the eggs or remove the parents, as they aren't needed after the spawning, as long ur willing to do a little work with the eggs ur self.

Ducatiman said:
What others fish do you have in the tank. Sometimes they will eat them. If they spawn and u have time, u can remove the eggs or remove the parents, as they aren't needed after the spawning, as long ur willing to do a little work with the eggs ur self.

Is a community tank, 100 Gallons, I have Kerri tetras, rummynose, cardinals, Kamaka rainbows, and Sterbai corys... I have 4 Angels, but recently 2 pair, and the other two now hang out in the other side of the tank.

Yes I'm willing to work as needed to re home the eggs... How long do I need to keep the eggs with the parents?

I find it easier to remove eggs as soon as make has stopped fertilising them. Usually pretty much straight after laying. Move eggs to another location(providing you can move the leaf or spawning stone etc) keep at 80 degrees and a little meth blue will help fungus from any unfertilised eggs keeping away from good eggs. I use a chemistry dropper to remove dead eggs. A gentle current with them helps keep them good. Make sure tank is clean, I prefer no gravel. If u need more info from thereon just ask or read some more posts. Kevin

What is happening my fishy friends?!?!? Happy new year!

I sometimes wonder if I'm watching my fish or if they are watching me.

I wish my yellow labs would hurry up and release their young from their mouths. The angle fish young ones are doing well. I also love the look of my 3 albino bushy nose plecos, such beautiful fish.

I'm still trying to convince myself getting a 180 gallon tank is the right thing to do. Not sure why I'm hesitant, I'm going to need it, eventually.

-Scott

Back
Top Bottom