My Neon Tetras loosing their color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dstephen

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got 18 neon tetras for my 37 gallon a week and a half ago, where they were decently colorful.

Everyone knows that blue "glow" they have, well most of mine don't have that anymore, it's kind of faded out.

There is no signs of unhealthiness, so I don't know what's going on.

Does this get better over time?

Something is stressful to them, you need to figure out what and remove it. Other than the 18 neons who inhabits the tank? Water temp? Ph? Water quality? Do you have plants?

Something is stressful to them, you need to figure out what and remove it. Other than the 18 neons who inhabits the tank? Water temp? Ph? Water quality? Do you have plants?

The only other fish is a bristlenose pleco. The water temp is about 79, but fluctuates from 78-80. Last time I checked the ph was 7.2. It is heavily planted.

78-80 seems a little high. A quick search shows a recommended temperature range of 68-77 with a breeding temp of 75. I never like to keep fish at the high or low range of any recommendations (ph, temp, hardness) so I would try lowering that just a little if your plecos can take it to start with.

Back
Top Bottom