my new 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
as almost none of you know i am danny and im kinda new to this forum
im gonna cycle my new tank as soon as i get my new filter and heater (i cant drive yet so bear with me) oh and i need a new hood. i bought the tank from my teacher for 20$ its in pretty good condition but theres that sealant glue in the corners (prolly sealed it up a bit) i was wondering which filter i should get
and is a 5 and a 10 gallon big enough to breed dwarf gouramis??
should i get rid of my pleco and get like a catfish or sumtin cuz i prolly wont b able 2 get rid of it once it gets 2 big (or does it grow according to the tank)

all the stuff im buying will come out to about 60$
master test kit 14.99
penguin 330 24.99
and my new hood 9.99
50.00 i guessed about right ill make that soon im catsitting my neighbors animals and i get 10.00 a day for 12 days :)

I think that the 330 might be a little overkill for your 10 gal. You could settle for a penguin 125 or even a mini and be just fine. Is there any reason that you decided on the 330?

$10 a day to watch some cats?! Man, if only I could find jobs like that when I was younger!

lol their really generous though and i get 30$ a week in the summer for lawnmowing lol
i decided on the 330 cuz like its suppose the be the "best"

A 330 is way too much for a 10g tank! The 330 is how many gallons per hour the filter goes through. For tropical fish, you generally want to stay between a 6 - 10x turnover rate for healthy fish. A 33X turnover rate is much too high for almost any tropical fish to be healthy in.

More filtration is usually a good thing, but there is no way you are going to keep fish healthy in a small tank with that much flow rate. Just because it is a few dollars more does not make it "better". For big tanks, it is a much better deal, but for a small tank you are just going to cause problems.

i kno ive decided on the25 alredy i think ill b able to get it tomorrow or sunday

Back
Top Bottom