My new 125 gallon tank ! Pics !!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the first pic you can see the outflow of the filter in the corner... The wood is getting a nice rich dark brown.. Loving it !!:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• IMG7542.jpg
    IMG7542.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG7547.jpg
    IMG7547.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 78
Better pics

Attachments

• IMG7549.jpg
    IMG7549.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG7550.jpg
    IMG7550.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG7551.jpg
    IMG7551.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG7552.jpg
    IMG7552.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 107
Very nice!!!

I love how looking at it just makes you feel like you have the most BA piece of filtering on the market haha. (This was in reference to the filter pictures but it didn't quote them.) Also now that ive reached the end of the thread, Great looking tank!

Where do you get that size of driftwood in the store, online, beach ? All I see at the store are small pieces. Great looking tank (y)

I forgot how long it takes to set up a big tank... The driftwood is bleeding. Theres got to be a faster way to clear up the water!

Your supposed to soak it and soak it and soak it and then run it through the dishwasher ( without dw liquid of course) another 5 times then put it in your tank . Only time gets the tannins out . You might want to just take the water out and clean your wood like I mentioned at the top first. :/// Sorryyyyyy

I used purigen when I added my last piece of driftwood and it seemed to have helped. Water never really discolored much. The purigen did seem to discolor quite fast. I wouldn't buy it for that purpose, but if you have it, I'd try it. I happened to have it around and heard it helped, so I tried it.

Has anybody tried purigen in there filter for driftwood?

It works OK. Combining the tannins with Purigen drives the pH down a bit. But not enough to affect a tank that size. Charcoal works a little better but it gets exhausted fast.
When I have a bunch of wood, I always pre-soak it in the tub with hot water and a power head for 24 hours. Filling and refilling 4 times or more. This removes a bunch of the tannins. But even then it took about 8, 50% water changes to totally clear it out of my 90, after soaking. It has a bunch of wood.

If the pieces are small enough I boil them, that's instant. Just be patient it will clear out over time. The tannins wont harm the fish.

Back
Top Bottom