My new 20 gallon tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corrado33

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ooops, did I put 200, I meant 20, oh well, now that you're here you might as well look. :D

Just finished the 20 gallon today. Stocking is

• 5 Bloodfins
  • 3 Danios (Some sadly died a couple weeks ago)
  • 2 Guppies (also some died, I've had them for about a year and I bought them from wal-mart, so I'm not surprised)
  • 1 Female Betta
  • 3 Nerite Snails
  • 3 Amano Shrimp
  • 6 Cory Cats

Don't have a background yet, but I will soon/tomorrow maybe. Also, I had to stop my powerhead today because it seemed like it was blowing my betta around too much, so I'll either have to buy a less powerful powerhead, or make some kind of diffuser. It basically made the tank a slow whirlpool. I'm only using it for CO2 diffusion, so any power powerhead will do. The betta just couldn't seem to find a place to hide from the current (even though I've made a few caves for her...) So far my favorite tank inhabitants? The female betta, and the amano shrimp. They're hilarious to watch. Right now the betta has horizontal stripes, so hopefully those will go away with time. Also, it's a pain to feed her independently. I mean I want to feed her some good betta pellets, but either the other fish take them, or she's hanging out at the bottom of the tank somewhere oblivious to the fact that I'm trying to feed her.

Crappy Cell Phone pics don't do it justice, but here ya go.
0914001641a.jpg

0914001641.jpg

0914001640c.jpg

0914001640.jpg

Questions, Comments, Concerns are welcome.

i was going to say it didnt look 200 gallons to me lol i woudl add a few more plants.

200g? Those guppies must be nearly a foot long! :tongue:

Some taller background plants would look nice. Keep up the good work!

Your betta will get used to the current. I have four bettas in my 29g with an AC70. They got blown around for the first few days they were in the tank, but it doesn't seem to bother them now. I actually think the current causes the bettas to grow bigger and stronger.

Back
Top Bottom