My new 8 gal nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riverhawk

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is my new nano ..took and switched over my 5gallon..wanted a little more room..and integrated filter system and a way to hide my heater..;)all same critters..1sexy(had 2 1 disappeared to???:( ) and one hi fin red banded goby....who ive only seen 1x since switchover...he does like to hide.... Well heres the pic..i like the rock work better in the new tank... 1st pic is old,2nd is new...

image-1931104083.jpg

image-3096400190.jpg

Thx con...it took only 2pcs of base rock plus what was in 5gal...now to add more frags....the next ? Is if was your tank..what would you place in the left front corner as a focal piece? I'm thinking a bubble coral..ive always wanted one... Light is a beamworks ultra brite led..3watts per bulb..2 are acitinic blue...whatcha think..any input always appreciated..or maybe a nem when tank is older?? Only going to put in a cleaner or fire shrimp..they wont hurt my sexy shrimp i do still have...

Thx con...it took only 2pcs of base rock plus what was in 5gal...now to add more frags....the next ? Is if was your tank..what would you place in the left front corner as a focal piece? I'm thinking a bubble coral..ive always wanted one... Light is a beamworks ultra brite led..3watts per bulb..2 are acitinic blue...whatcha think..any input always appreciated..or maybe a nem when tank is older?? Only going to put in a cleaner or fire shrimp..they wont hurt my sexy shrimp i do still have...

I think a nice bubble coral would work or maybe a zoa garden. But if you always wanted a bubble coral I say go for it.

Here's some info on them.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=597+321+449&pcatid=449

I like the second picture better also. It looks so bare! Hurry and get your corals lol.

That sucks about your shrimp disappearing. I wonder where he got off too. He's on vacation :p

Yeah i know..dont want to stock too much too soon...might have a mini cycle...i have 4 mushrooms but theyre getting use to the light yet..only been up for a week this saturday...;) dont know where the sexy went..there one day gone the next:( the other one is fine and happy... I got some livestock credits at my lfs i can use for corals etc... My bro has a beaut of a colony of pulsing xenia but not big enuf to frag yet.. But said ill get one when it is..

Going to lfs to see if i can get some more frags today..also maybe a bubble as a focal piece... I love bubbles... I cant wait to see if i can find one..since ive been told "love the scape,but it looks so bare!" Lol got the clue! :D

Please don't rush cause I like to talk trash! lol Good luck on the frag search. I can't wait to start a saltwater tank so I can get corals.

Right now I'm forced to live vicariously through other people :)

Well..couldnt find a bubble so i got a nice toadstool leather instead and a nice little zoa colony ..will send pics when in place and open... Got i thought good buys on them...zoa colony is a good size and toadstool is too..

Heres an updated pic of my tank with the 2 new corals..btw: how long should i expect the toadstool to stay "closed" it was open when i bought..( i never buy a closed frag..learned the hard way too many times..;) )bought the green zoas and the toadstool last nite...also what are current/fliw needs(med flow right now)

image-1914202532.jpg

If you want to get an anemone for that tank I would look into maxi mini carpet anemones. They stay rather small, won't kill corals, stay in one place once they found their spot, come in amazing colors, AND they host sexy shrimp. Maybe your second shrimp will come out of binding to "dance" on the anemone :p

Back
Top Bottom