My new beast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quick question...... Will I be ok with my powerhead setup ? I have 2 at 3000 litres an hour so that's 6000 in there and a little flow from my refugium that's 400 a hour.

That looks fantastic, that time and hard work on the unit has really paid off! What paint did you use? Is it a gloss?

I'm re-working our cabinet as it's second hand and seen better days, just patching it up and painting it black, not quite as spectacular as yours!! Nice work!

Thanks brighty. I used black gloss for the trim and for the cabinet I used moonlit sky slight sheen emulsion. Im happy with it so far, I'll be getting alot more done today hopefully :)

U did an amazing job!! This looks incredible!! I'm jealous like... Alot!!!

:) yey all done

Attachments

• image-4213371524.jpg
    image-4213371524.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 398
  • image-3439893175.jpg
    image-3439893175.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 386
Thanks flossie still got quite a bit more to do yet. A couple more t5 actinick blues and to build up more live rock on the left. I'm going to try fit my refugium on tomorrow hopefully I can plumb it in but I think it's going to be hard work :(

Dude1982 said:
Thanks flossie still got quite a bit more to do yet. A couple more t5 actinick blues and to build up more live rock on the left. I'm going to try fit my refugium on tomorrow hopefully I can plumb it in but I think it's going to be hard work :(

U can do it:) :) :)

Lol yeah the starfish went exploring as soon as he went in. The fish have settled in well but I dont think they know what to do with all that space :)

Beautiful job.Make sure you end up with at least one and a half to preferably two lbs per gallon live rock if at all possible.
You need to keep an eye on your starfish so it doesn't starve to death.

Yeah trying to find some more live rock locally. Cheapest live rock from lfs is £13 a kg so it's going to be expensive lol. My tank is very lightly stocked at the moment so going to build up on lr then slowly add more stock. Still havnt had chance to plumb my refugium in yet so that might be the job of tomorrow. :)

if you want you could order some base rock which will eventually turn into live rock. I LOVE this rock, and I got a 100 lbs for my 90 gallon tank and I think I only need to use half of that. Its very porous and you get more for your money's worth! Heres the link if u want to check it out:

BRS Pukani Dry Aquarium Eco Rock - English

Thanks curiousclam120 I'm going to google it and see if I can order some from the uk. I keep checking all the sites and forums to see if anyone is breaking down their tank and selling some lr.

Back
Top Bottom