My new beast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He looks class mate. Reminds me of my old puffer fish I used to keep at my mums. Cute little buggers!! I gave them away last week to my woman's brother as I don't have the time to keep them anymore. I've got enough too keep now between marine and reptiles at my own house. O i And a baby on the way in 4 weeks too lol

Yeah they have a right little personality, oh congrats on the baby mate.
I've been keeping an eye on your thread on UR it's coming along sweet now ;)

Thanx a lot mate.
3 weeks and a few days to go now. Yea my salt is up to 1.023 now so I'm ready to try again . In gona get some carbon today and place it in the filter. Hope all goes to plan this time.lol. Hopefully get fish on Wednesday .
I might just get a cleaner shrimp and a few more hermit craps or maybie a turbo snail before I add the clowns again. What do you think ?

Hi mate yeah that will be fine, just remember to drip acclimatise them properly because snails, crabs and shrimps are a bit more sensitive to acclimatise than fish.

Well I've had my sea hare for 2 days now and only seen him for 5 mins when I put the little fella in lol.
The new anemone has settled in nicely and haven't moved an inch ;)

He's prob got lost in that big tank of yours.
That's the advantage of having a nano lol.

My sea hare hasn't moved since the lights has went on this morning.
When I come down in the morning he won't be in sight . He's got his own we hole in my rock. You'd wonder how they climb cuz it's hard to work out what way they work and move ect . Funny we things

Got a few new additions but unfortunately my twinspot bristle tooth tang has to got go due it being aggressive towards the new additions. I've tried netting it, catching it when feeding and even fishing for it with a size 22 barbless hook lol and nothing works so I'm going to tear the tank apart and remove the rocks into a seperate tank, catch the tang and rescape the whole thing over Monday and Tuesday. It's going to be a big job and last time it took over 6 hours scaping my tank last time (the mrs wasn't impressed lol) and I've done this a few times before with no losses so wish me luck guys ;)

Lol good luck with that one mate.

What new additions did u get?
Have u saw my updates ;-) on UR
Alls going great so far . Going coral shopping on Wednesday too. Getting everything trade price :)

Yeah your tank looks great now, a few more corals in there and it will look sweet.
I've just got an algae blenny, sand sifting star fish and trying a frag of sps montipora digitata.
I still can't catch the tang so I'm gutted about tearing my tank apart but I'm going to do a better looking scape.

Well just caught the fish after destroying my tank right down to the sand bed :(
I was tired of the rock wall structure anyway, here's my new scape and ill try to get some better photos of my new things on my better camera soon !

Attachments

• image-1309193312.jpg
    image-1309193312.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 121
Wow mate that is amazing looking . I thought it looked good before but now it's even better
Maybe a good thing that you had to rip it apart lol.
Was your corals stuck to your rocks?

Thanks mate need to top up water tomorrow and replace filter floss as a fair bit of crap got released from moving the rocks, I'm pretty pleased with it anyway only took me a few hours this time.

Sure that's not too bad mate.
bet there was some crap came out lol.
I'm the same when I move a rock. Suppose its normal for stuff to settle between rocks? Isn't it
We can't filter it all out!
Ul have to post pics of your new fish when all settles down

Yeah there was a fair bit of crap lol. Before my water changes I usually blast the nooks and crannies with my turkey baster to stop it settling in the rocks. I'll post some pics soon now its all settled down.

Meet berty my algae blenny :)

Attachments

• image-799468630.jpg
    image-799468630.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 101
  • image-1982182350.jpg
    image-1982182350.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 98
Love algae blennies! I have a starry blenny, which is similar, but darker. The antennae are adorable IMO. :) So cute! Great addition!

Thanks I love starry blennies too, they have a right cheeky face and personality !

Yeah, they have a lot of personality. :) And mines a big boy, about 4 1/2-5". But he's peaceful. He startled me yesterday cuz I guess he thought I was a little late in the algae sheet delivery, so when I put my hand in to place the clip, he lipped my arm!! Didn't hurt at all, just startled me. Haha

Quick update:
Had a whole system change due to not being able to control nitrates, I have taken off the hang on refugium an external filter as there was too many places for crap to settle and got rid of the upflow algae scrubber and made a horizontal scrubber using the back brace of my tank, it's getting some growth already and has been running 2 days so hopefully things get better :)

Anyway here is my above tank algae scrubber

Attachments

• image-757309761.jpg
    image-757309761.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 93
  • image-3652286432.jpg
    image-3652286432.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 95
  • image-80605409.jpg
    image-80605409.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 108
  • image-4186237150.jpg