My New Fish! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tabathalouisee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently got 2 Glofish Tetras and 2 Glofish Danios, I love the fish, They are very active. But my question, is it normal for them to get so over whelmed when it is feeding time! Does that mean they are still hungry? Do I need to feed them more than twice a day? Please help me on this situation. Other than this they are very healthy, active fish!:cool:

Nice fish! It's pretty normal for fish to start begging for food but it's VERY important not to overfeed! It's better to underfeed than overfeed. Twice a day is plenty for them, as fish can survive days upon days without food.

Okay, Thank you so much! I wouldn't want to loose my new fishies before I even have a week with them! So Once in the morning, Once at night?

I usually feed once a day at night, they always beg when I come to the glass but they are healthy on that diet, and I also know people, even on these forums that feed their fish every other day. The only thing to remember the more you feed the fish the more you'll have to do water changes. Good luck with the tetras :)

I think I gave one of my glofish too much brine shrimp and she became so fat her spine was hunched over. That led to her demise.

I normally feed every other day, and my fish are healthy. They're really good at begging, but you can't give in. :)

Back
Top Bottom