My Oscar has died but why?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeriousDude5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello I wrote in a couple days ago about my serverly ill tiger oscar I found him today at the bottom of the tank barely breathing almost no scales and all of his fins looked torn, he was also very pale. I decided I would be the one to end it. I am not sure what happened though! I thought my bleekeri was beating up on him, but once I removed the bleekeri he got worst. I divdied him with two tin foil barbs and a pleco. I am not sure if he got a server infection from his previous wounds? Is it possible the tin foil barbs were beating on him? Also I saw the pleco sucking on his tail is it possible the pleco could be the colporate? Please let me know having to kill my oscar was extremly painful a few months ago he was 7" and majestik and this morning he was barely haning on. I am guessing it was an infection because I did see red slime growing on his head one night, but it mysteriously disappeared. Are my other fish at risk? It is a 90 gallon tank. Water is all on the mark I don't know exact PPM but the tests looked good. The other fish are fine, and it didn't look like hole in the head disease.

Tiger Oscar untimely death.

Hello I wrote in a couple days ago about my serverly ill tiger oscar I found him today at the bottom of the tank barely breathing almost no scales and all of his fins looked torn, he was also very pale. I decided I would be the one to end it. I am not sure what happened though! I thought my bleekeri was beating up on him, but once I removed the bleekeri he got worst. I divdied him with two tin foil barbs and a pleco. I am not sure if he got a server infection from his previous wounds? Is it possible the tin foil barbs were beating on him? Also I saw the pleco sucking on his tail is it possible the pleco could be the colporate? Please let me know having to kill my oscar was extremly painful a few months ago he was 7" and majestik and this morning he was barely haning on. I am guessing it was an infection because I did see red slime growing on his head one night, but it mysteriously disappeared. Are my other fish at risk? It is a 90 gallon tank. Water is all on the mark I don't know exact PPM but the tests looked good. The other fish are fine, and it didn't look like hole in the head disease. Might I add his side fins last night looked good, but this morning they were shreaded. Also when I grabbed him with the net he put up zero resistance when he could have easily gotton away since the net didnt even fit him in it which was when I made the call to end it.

Two threads merged together. Both talking about same thing and belong in sick fish forum.

Back
Top Bottom