My Pearlscape Butterfly fish is dying FAST....help please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It could be that there is not enough filtration in the system. SW fish need a lot of filtration IMO to function normally.

Mike

between the Remora C and the emorer power filter, i think there's plenty of filtration going on. I'm not a marine biologist but i know my filter moves a large amout of water every hour. Onto another possibility. Parasites. Could there have been a parasite in the frozen brine shrimp i was feeding him. I doubt anyting could live after being froze but i'm just asking. (shame on me, stuipid question)

To answer the other question, I have not introduced any other specimen into the tank. He's the last fish/organisim i put into the tank myself. He's been in there probabaly a month and a half now. He's been all good up to this point.

You can't really count the flow from the Remora C. I have a 55 with 3 powerheads (total about 770gph) and a Remora C, and I still have dead spots in my tank. You might want to consider a powerhead or two.

thanks for the help guys, but I lost him. He seemed to be coming around there for a few days and I thought he was going to pull through whatever infection he got, but he didn't make it.

I will take into consideration what you guys have suggested. Maybe more flow and filtration is good. I could possibly use a UV sterilizer too i'm guessing since i aparently have some nasty bacteria growing in the tank. Thanks for all the help.

Back
Top Bottom