My planted 30g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishguy619

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Check it out guys, my new hardscape for my 30 gallon. This is my first shot at a dirt bottom tank and I can't wait to get some plants in there. In the middle i didn't put any dirt, just put a deep layer of sand.

For the rest of the tank I used miracle grow organic choice for the first layer, then I capt that with a half an inch layer of sand, then I used some old gravel and mixed it with flourite made by seachem as the top layer. This is gonna be my ram tank. Im gonna have a pair of german blue rams and a pair of bolivian rams. Along with 3-4 cory cats 3 Siamese algae eaters and a small school of tetras. Not sure what type yet. And of course some ghost shrimp. I love those guys, they keep the bottom of my tank looking so clean. Let me know what you guys think! I look at acuascaping as an art form. So this is my piece of art! Personally I think this is my best work yet :)

Amazing aqua scaping. Looks like an underwater oasis!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks guys :)
I'll keep updates in this thread with the plants I add.
Thinking about adding some crypt as a foreground plant

If you've got the correct lighting, ferts and co2 that DHG will spread everywhere. You will struggle almost daily to prevent it taking over the sand part. It will grow very thick and dense, believe me lol!! I can barely see my substrate now.

I think rams might be a poor choice. Rams will dig a lot, especially at breeding time. If they make it to your dirt layer then you'll have a very murky tank :(

Good luck though

Love the 'bridge' look you've scaped in with the driftwood between the rocks!

Back
Top Bottom