My Pleco scared the **** out of me today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouramiFanatic

Aquarium Advice FINatic
As some of you know, I have a Sailfin Pleco who I'm VERY fond of! I had him in a 46 gallon bow tank, but of course he outgrew it so now he's in my 75 gallon tank (which I pretty much bought just for him). I was very nervous about moving him from one tank to another, but luckily he did just fine with the move and transition to his new home months ago.

This morning he scared the you know what out of me. I went down stairs to check on them and feed them and as I went to turn the lights on I noticed he was laying belly up on the gravel. My heart literally sank as I thought that I had just lost my prized fish! Thankfully though, he was not dead - he was simply just cleaning the underside of fake plant. Once I realized he was ok I wanted to kill him (not really of course)! :)

After you left he rolled over and laughed his little fishy butt off. "Hey guys did you see that? I got him GOOD!!!!!!"

I've done that with my female betta. She was upside down sucked up against the filter intake. I tapped the glass and she took off. She wasn't sick at all! Tricky little thing.

Burks said:
I got him GOOD!!!!!!"
That would be got HER good!!!! ;)

Funny you should mention the female betta. One of my females did this to me not to long ago as well. She was just having some fun toying with my emotions I guess! lol

What a riot!

I have been alarmed by the antics of "Fred", my giant common pleco, too. His trick is to wedge himself nose-down in the tank, his body waving lifelessly with the current, for minutes at a time. I think it's an attention-getting ploy. If he could stop his gills working he would really have something going there.

ya want two more plecos by chance?????? lol I had a huge pleco back in the day, the scariest thing it ever did was get scared and leep out of the tyank at me while I was trying to catch him, he hit the floor and took off sliding like a missle, crazy fish

Back
Top Bottom