My RO Unit!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baron1282

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got the Coral Life Coralife Pure-Flo II 50 gallon 4 stage RO/DI system.

I got it installed and I don't have a water tester yet, but I am getting one. My question is, how do I know its working right?

It was working really fast filling up a gallon in about 1 min, than out of no where it just stopped and started to just trickle and not flow hardly at all.

I got it hooked up to where my well comes in. It has a hose attachment that I hooked the big yellow line right up too. All my filters are in the right area and plumbers tape added, no leaks! All the chambers are filled with water, is that suppose to be like that? I saw one video where the last chamber on the right hand side was not filled but just trickling.

Anyway here is some pictures. The last chamber looks weird with the blue color.

Attachments

• IMG_5402.jpg
    IMG_5402.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4784.jpg
    IMG_4784.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4555.jpg
    IMG_4555.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_7694.jpg
    IMG_7694.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 54
How much of a trickle is it? My unit is pretty slow too its just the way it is so it can filter the water correctly

Sent from my XT1058 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mine trickles too. I read somewhere that the amount of "waste water" to RO water that you end up with is pretty high. Something like 3:1. Guess that would also depend on how many gallons per hour it is designed for. Mine is 75 gallons per day. Takes about 1.5 hours to fill a 5 gallon bucket

Mines 80 gallons per day and takes about 45 mins to fill a 3 gallon bucket

Sent from my XT1058 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a dual membrane piggy back setup so i guess i do like 150gpd. I can make 6g of water in less than an hour. I also have extremely good water pressure at about 65psi so that helps.

Back
Top Bottom