My Royal Gramma is MIA...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PB_Smith

Aquarium Advice Addict
He was there Thursday night when lights went out, haven't seen him since. :(
I know he has a habit of squeezing into nooks and crevices at night, but he wasn't in his usual "bed" this time.
I really have a strong suspicion that he became food for my green brittle star.
They have been know to catch and eat fish and he has gotten big enough to eat my royal gramma.
Another hint is that the star has been tucked away under some rock for the last day and didn't come out, arms flailing around, when I fed them last night, very unusual. His body is about 1.5" across and with arms he is probably 8"-10" tip to tip, and he is fat.

I need to do some work in the tank today and rework the scape, so hopefully I will find him stuck in a hole or something, but either way that starfish is coming out along with a pair of hermits that have gotten big, clumsy and fight constantly. My new corals don't appreciate it much.

darn, I really liked that little guy...:(

I had one that disappeared to. Although I think mine was harassed by my yellow damsels. They tend to be very aggressive toward anything I place in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My #1 LFS still sells the Green Monster today for $19.
Not every one is an assassin?
I can't find the video of one catching a live fish.
It forms an umbrella like shape and traps slow/sleeping fish.
Did you remove the star?

Yeah, I got lucky and caught him while he was out and about before he could slither under the rocks or grab hold. I tried a few other times, but once he grabs something, it's either let him go or pull an arm off.
slapped together my 10 gallon and he is in there now.
2 of my lfs don't want him :(

Get him a mantis shrimp for a friend!
Would that be a bad neighborhood?
You could keep him in the 10 if you wanted(they're not picky eaters !).
I would be a little stern with the source of the star in all honesty.
They should at least take him back.

Back
Top Bottom