my semi-planted tank!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes thats what i thought also i just got some new plants i know one its hornworth atleast thats what it said in the lfs the other one its dracaena spathiphyllum and im not sure about the 3rd one ill post some pics

This are my new plants so I went to get the hornworth n this other littleone which by theway has really good looking long roots and they had the buy 2 get 1 free n the other kind they had where thw 2 in the back which came in one pot

abrahamavelar said:
yes thats what i thought also i just got some new plants i know one its hornworth atleast thats what it said in the lfs the other one its dracaena spathiphyllum and im not sure about the 3rd one ill post some pics

Sorry to say the Dracaena is probably NOT fully Aquatic. It would do better in a pot.

abrahamavelar said:
The 3rd pic is the one I got for free and ir was tge other kins they had besidea moss balls

3rd plant might be Crytocoryne ( Lucens perhaps ?)

Just be careful with sand to not bury the plants too deep. Where the stems come together should be at the surface AFAIK.

When I can post pics again I'll post my C. Lucens.

That was wat I thought but ive seen that plant for a month there doin ok but if I keep it there till it starts doin bad then I can give it to my mom n neighbour or is that bad for the fish

abrahamavelar said:
That was wat I thought but ive seen that plant for a month there doin ok but if I keep it there till it starts doin bad then I can give it to my mom n neighbour or is that bad for the fish

It may live up to a year. But remove it before it rots. I had Umbrella plants for a year. Flowered and had runners. Knew it was doomed though.

this is probably one of the dumbest question some1 has ever asked

if i have my lights from the middle to the back of the tank ok or should i have them in the middle or it doesnt matter, reason being its that i have the glass tops and lights on top.

is hornworth a low, moderate, high light plant??? i have it in the middle but towards the front.

also im planning on doing a 50% pwc on my tank tomorrow and another same amount on sat will that affect my plants or it will help them or it wont matter??? also im running a diy co2 and will be changing it on sat aswell

You are getting there I like it Abe. Cant wait to c the plants when they are more mature. I don't think if you have a glass top it is gonna make a difference with it on or off in terms of plant growth. The only issues I can think of you running into are, a jumping fish and you are gonna have to do more top off's cause of water evaporation.
But very nice bro you and me are learning thanks to AA!!!!

Rozdab said:
You are getting there I like it Abe. Cant wait to c the plants when they are more mature. I don't think if you have a glass top it is gonna make a difference with it on or off in terms of plant growth. The only issues I can think of you running into are, a jumping fish and you are gonna have to do more top off's cause of water evaporation.
But very nice bro you and me are learning thanks to AA!!!!

Thx aa has helped me alot im actually drivin to the lfs for light bulbs

Well don't get into an accident!!! And I'm at work right now can't wait for the next two days going to zoo and going to stain my 55 gallon tank and hopefully get water in the tank and also go to a coule fish stores! I can't wait!!!

This are the bulbs ome its 12000k n the other 6500k the guy at the lfs showed me that he has those on his planted tank and the look cool!!!!

Well don't get into an accident!!! And I'm at work right now can't wait for the next two days going to zoo and going to stain my 55 gallon tank and hopefully get water in the tank and also go to a coule fish stores! I can't wait!!!

cool!!! wat r u gettin from the lfs????

Idk actually looking at craigslist and gonna go look at some stuff from local people and browse maybe look for an exotic centerpiece fish for my 29 gal. Maybe get some plants. I talked to a guy around locally and he has some Rotola Indica, Broad Leaf Ludwigia Repens, and some wysteria. He is selling em in bunches of 4-5 plants at 2 bucks a pop so I'm gonna drive the 15 min to check that out for sure dam we shall c what else I find on my adventures lol. I will post and let u know what I bring home.

Back
Top Bottom