My SFF passed away...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2cvbloke

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I went away last weekend entrusting my SFF to my mother's care, and I came back to find my little blue boy had passed away, and the tank looked awful... :(

I think the cause was some of the plants I got didn't like the warm conditions and rotted away, causing an ammonia spike which killed poor fishy, I have cleaned it up but there are still bits of the dead plants here and there, but I tested it today and the tank conditions are perfect now (Ammonia 0%, Nitrite & Nitrates very very low (barely even visible with the liquid tests) & PH neutral), so I think it was the plants to blame, and as my mum doesn't know much about aquarium maintenance they just made a mess while I was away... :(

On the other hand, the 1 pond snail that hitched a ride on the plants seems to have grown phenomenally well and has bred well too, so it's my new snail tank for now until I can get another fish for the tank (thinking of some Neons)... :)

RIP Blue fishy... :(

Back
Top Bottom