My snails are doing it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottw68TN

Aquarium Advice FINatic
They have been going at it like crazy for days now yet no eggs. I dropped the water down in the tank so she could lay her eggs on the glass but she goes up there but doesn't take care of business. They are 100% doing it! Ive seen things that would make some people go blind. He definately knows what he's doing! Never had apple snail babies before so i really don't know whats up. I've looked a little on applesnail.net

I put a picture of them in my gallery of them... you know....doin it. I feel so dirty.

strange questions here...

A. I have two of the (why can I never think of the word I want to say when I need it, yet 20 minutes from now it will pop in my head)...I think columbian snails (darker snail in your picture, picture of one in my gallery. Will they mate?

B. Can two different kinds of snails mate since you have an apple snail and a (CRAAAAAAAAAAAAP) ???columbian???

They are definately mating. Don't know about close species. those 2 I have although different in color may be the same type of apple snail. commonly sold as mystery snail.

*covers her eyes*

Thats disgusting. Pervert!

Heh, good luck; I guess it will be laying soon, or has somewhere already but in someplace hidden. Take a peek in your filters; maybe the eggs have somehow wound up in there.

Snails...yuck.

I had a monster apple snail (3") and a couple of 1" apple snails and man there were pink eggs stuck all over the top glass (the upside down part) so I guess the little snails were into BBS (Big Beatiful Snails) 8O hehe !! That was a couple years back. Crazy snails.

The picture labeled 660 shows the penis sheath open and ready to accept and the other shows the gold (male) snail er... finding it. Fascinating. Whats wierd is the small pretty one is the male and the giant big one is the female. Kinda like the ladybug in the movie bugs life. Throws me off, I always want to call the gold one she.

Back
Top Bottom