My son's new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wendy68

Aquarium Advice Regular
Switched the 67 gallon to a 90. This is four days later. Want to get smaller, more hardy, but still colorful fish. Tried the tangs and they are too delicate. Already have four blue/green chromis, ghost eel, skeletor eel, emerald crab, abalone snail, hermit crabs, two peppermint shrimp, and various snails. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image-3534686325.jpg
    image-3534686325.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 169
  • image-644842592.jpg
    image-644842592.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 159
  • image-770953710.jpg
    image-770953710.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 186
  • image-649243385.jpg
    image-649243385.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 162
Hmm, well any smaller fish could be in danger due to the eel. Do you want only smaller nano fish..like clowns? Or possible a larger hardy fish like a rabbitfish?

Gboy66 said:
Hmm, well any smaller fish could be in danger due to the eel. Do you want only smaller nano fish..like clowns? Or possible a larger hardy fish like a rabbitfish?

Hoping not to go with too big of fish. Clowns might be an option again. The bigger fish seem to be more delicate and harder to keep. We feed the eels every other day so hopefully they won't get too hungry. :)

huma-huma said:
Bangai cardinals, pajama cardinals, some form of clown fish

My son likes cardinals. But they don't really swim. They just float. We are trying I get a colorful but active tank. My son might want a 6 line wrasse and I think that might limit his other choices so..... Anthias, gobies, bennies,..??? Just not experienced enough yet.

I dont believe gobies/blennies will mix well with your eels.. They are bottom dwellers and will prob be eat food for the eel. 6-lines are an active fish that should do nicely :)

Thanks. I never thought about the bottom dwelling aspect. What else might go with the 6 line?

Wendy68 said:
Thanks. I never thought about the bottom dwelling aspect. What else might go with the 6 line?

6-lines are a relatively docile wrasse (atleast from my experience) so any aggressive fish wont be a great choice(my triggers assassinated a mystery wrasse)

For my tank- I have a snow flake eel and golden eel and they do fine with my blue green chromis, as long as you don't let the eels get hungry try should be fine.

Thanks for all your help. I think I have talked him out of an aggressive tank. :) Looks like possibly anthias, pajama cardinals, and then we don't know for sure. Don't want to over stock.

Do not get the pajama Cardinals they are slow moving, and could be lunch! I would recommend for schooling some anthias, or depending on the tank size squirrelfish.

It is a 90 gallon tank. I think squirrels would get to big. Cool fish though.

Added 3, three striped damsels and a dwarf golden eel this afternoon. Seem to be doing well. Praying and waiting to see that all stays stable. Will wait till end of September or October to finish stocking.

Attachments

• image-2566653868.jpg
    image-2566653868.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 123
Back
Top Bottom