My tank just cracked!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeysdiscus

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was just laying in bed chilling I heard a bang and within seconds my tank went from this...

image-1971863502.jpg

To this....

image-1126735055.jpg

image-739615430.jpg

That's 300 litres of water in my lounge the tank drained completely in 5 minutes my fish are all in a bucket with air pump and filter hoping they all pull through until I can pick up a tank tomorrow!!! Just thought you could all give me some sympathy whilst I'm stripping the lounge floor up :(

NO WAY!!!!! I'm so sorry Joey!!!

Did any fish get injured from the glass?

You had it set up so beautifully!

You must be absolutely devastated! What will you do? New tank? You'd never feel safe again if it was patched. What do you think caused it?

Sorry, I hade my 20g crack, and heard it leaking at 3 in the morning, and had to transfer everything to a 10g backup...if that makes you feel any better....good luck. Maybe a quick water change from the buckets tomorrow morning, so there no build up in toxins.

Awful

Had the same thing happen twice in the last 2 months - lost 4 discus to the mess. Hadn't touch nor moved the tank in over a year - it just exploded out the back with no warning.

I had that issue while I was at work my 220 just started pouring out the corner. I came home Nd my wife was freaking out because I hadn't answered my phone lol. Basically by time I got home my kids where catching the fish and the wife was soaking up water with Ll the towels. I had lost about 1/2 of the tank so 110 gallons on my basement floor ahhhh! Very frustrating to deal with I now only roll with acrylic tanks. Knock on wood I have never had an issue since then. I had 3 large catfish in the tank so what I did was went to tractor supply and bought a 300 gallon stock tank to house them. Because I could not afford an acrylic tank of that size. I have since, down sized"rehomed" my catfish to 1 redtail and I keep him in a 100 gallon. So don't let this break you! Fish are worth the hassle when we are talking discus lol

I was just laying in bed chilling I heard a bang and within seconds my tank went from this...

To this....

That's 300 litres of water in my lounge the tank drained completely in 5 minutes my fish are all in a bucket with air pump and filter hoping they all pull through until I can pick up a tank tomorrow!!! Just thought you could all give me some sympathy whilst I'm stripping the lounge floor up :(

Yep it happen to me too

image-1903985056.jpg

What a bad situation. Hope all turns out well...

Is this a common problem for glass tanks, tho??

That sucks dude, that is like my worst nightmare.

I wonder what the rate is of failures for glass aquariums. Do they usually pop at the corners where the seals are?

Oh no! Everyone's worse nightmare. Did everyone live?!?! Guess its a sign you need a new bigger tank ;D or maybe time to try your hand at peacock bass. That sucks though. Right when you got everything juuuust perfect (decor wise). Hope all is well and not too expensive to clean up!

Lol scratch that! Read everyone is in bucket! Yes hope they all live!

I can't do it :( ! I tried setting up a smaller tank but its way to small for my fish its an ugly tank and my filter is too powerful for the size soo sad to say all my equipment is in the loft now until I can find the money for a new tank :(

To this....

Darn that sucks man hope it didnt cause too much damage

Ouch! That really sucks.

Did the fish make it and what are you found with them?

Discus are in my mates tank he's holding them until I get a tank and the rest of the fish are going in the tank at work everybody made it surprisingly!!!

That's good that all your fish are ok for now. I had a filter leak at 1:30 am once. Water ruined the wall and the carpet.

Back
Top Bottom