My Tank Now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice you like mines

Attachments

• image-1209407916.jpg
    image-1209407916.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 305
I've had those fish you got they all died is that a 10 gallon that's what I had the amnion kept getting to high

O it's because it's a small tank and the amnion get high fast that's why I left the Lil tanks alone

Yeah, little tanks react pretty quick. I really need a 55 gallon. How many gallon do you have?

O it's because it's a small tank and the amnion get high fast that's why I left the Lil tanks alone

If the tank has finished its cycle the -Ammonia- won't get high like that unless a mistake has been made like adding too many fish too quickly.

I have 36 I'm starting think I need a 55 to

Cycle I don't know I had my 10 gallon tank for 8 months only had 4 fish went to pet-mart always high amnion

Amnion: A thin membrane surrounding the fetus during pregnancy. The amnion is the inner of the two fetal membranes (the chorion is the outer one). It contains the amniotic fluid.

Ammonia: A solution of ammonia in water, containing the compound ammonium hydroxide

Sounds like there is a language barrier so I'll just say that there was likely something wrong in that situation with your tank. Platy are pretty hardy fish.

Tanks looking good JimmyA, plenty of filtration :)

Thanks! Tank is a little over 2 months now. I have 2 HOB, one is a 20, the other a 10 + I have a 4" sponge.

Thank you, just put in the lilies up front. I'll have to watch them so they don't get too big. I understand they produce a big flower.

_Nick_ said:
Cycle I don't know I had my 10 gallon tank for 8 months only had 4 fish went to pet-mart always high amnion

I do weekly PWC on my tanks. No issues with my 10 or my overstocked 5 g. Water changes are the key for healthy tanks IMHO. I change about 25-30% at a time. My shrimp tank I change 10-20% but lower bioload in that tank.

Turn your light on about 3 am and see if you have worms all over your tank.

JimmyA said:
Turn your light on about 3 am and see if you have worms all over your tank.

Was that directed at me? I did see a few planaria. I dosed with dog dewormer. I will dose again if I need to. But so far my tanks are very balanced. I just need to trim my plants today :)

Oh no, not necessarily, I was told to reduce my feeding because I had planira at 3 am. I may try some flubenzafrine or whatever it is called. How mush do you add to the tank?

JimmyA said:
Oh no, not necessarily, I was told to reduce my feeding because I had planira at 3 am. I may try some flubenzafrine or whatever it is called. How mush do you add to the tank?

I googled it. Someone posted a nice thread about it on another forum. For me it was 1/10th of a gram for my 10g. But double check. Fluben.. Is different. Mine was FENBEN....something

Safeguard canine dewormer (fenbendazole) Also in the article the author used .1 grams, but another person used .3 grams.

Nerites and some other snails may be affected.

My shrimp n Otos n MTS were all fine. The Fluben____ can kill Shrimp if I remember right.

Reduce feedings, gravel vac, partial WC. All good.

But I have heavily planted sand tank, do dewormer was my solution.

Full article and threads were informative.

Ok, thanks, I really appreciate your comments. Hope your tank does well.

JimmyA

Back
Top Bottom