My teacher keep a Betta in a tiny bowl. I am going to help...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Standing ovation!

Mandy,

Congrats to you for caring enough to make sure this Betta has enough room and clean water. Also for realizing that your teacher is so busy that he might not have extra time every day or so for water changes. I also imagine that during school breaks and weekends there is a lot of build up of waste in the little bowl so the extra space and filter will be great.
(Just make sure any current is not too strong since he is not used to really being able to swim.)
I think your responsible and caring attitude are very commendable and are an indication that you are a beautiful person inside and out!
You are also showing leadership qualities by taking the initiative of speaking out and maybe even teaching the teacher
Way to go!
I have my Betta in a 20 gallon thank and he does take full advantage of the space. He loves to swim all around and he uses the various plants as hammocks to sleep in. LOL. He likes to swim through the bubbles from the air stone and even swims through the flow created by the filter. He is a pretty large Betta now and he looks great.
>I say he 'likes' because he has room to stay away from the bubbles and currents but instead swims into them, even swimming down into the bubbles.<

I hope that there are many other young people out there just like you!
:BIG:

Thanks so much Lisaz! It sounds like your Betta is extremely happy in that roomy tank! You can definitely notice that they become much more active when in larger tanks.
About the bubble thing: I think this depends on the personality. A lot of people say that they don't like currents and bubbles, but one of my Bettas, Merlyn, would constantly swim back and forth through the bubbles coming from the BiOrb filter. When, like your situation, he still had optional room to swim away from the bubbles. Another Betta, Delia, would never go near the bubbles and didn't seem to like them.
Thanks everyone for the advice on transferring the plant. It's a good plant with broad leaves and no sharp edges to cut his fins. It's not silk, it's plastic, but like I said, no sharp edges. I think Noodles will enjoy having something to sleep on. He's so pretty, he's a red crowntail. Thanks again :)

Update: I had finally transferred Noodles and everything went well. The plant was transferred successfully and the tank setup worked out. It's been about a month and a half and Noodles is so happy and active! It's a huge change from his old behavior- sitting on the bottom of the bowl. He now swims around and is very active. I'm quite happy how everything has turned out, except the fact that some kids like to dump in 50 pellets to feed him. Needless to say, I was vacuuming the gravel and food out a lot. Since then the teacher has warned them and it doesn't usually happen that much.

Again, Noodles is doing great. Thank you to everyone who helped me :)

Thanks so much!! That's so nice of you guys to say :')

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Back
Top Bottom