My Two New Planted Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gyarados

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I have had these two tanks for about 6 months now. It's allot of work but everything is staying alive mostly lol! They are both Fluval Chi's, original filters and lighting. Fluval heaters, and all plants and drift wood are real. One betta fish in each tank.

Attachments

• DSC01788.jpg
    DSC01788.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC01827.jpg
    DSC01827.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC01814.jpg
    DSC01814.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC01830.jpg
    DSC01830.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 140
In the taller fluval chi its all black sand. I never had expected to have a hard time getting plants to stick in it. I don't think I will use sand again. It does look nice but adding new plants is w pain.

I have one straight sand tank and one dirt tank capped with sand. I am going to try Eco-complete this time but I've heard its very light too. I prefer the look of sand though so I guess I will just deal with the planting issues. :)

I like the sand look as well. Your capping the top layer with sand sounds like a great way to do it.

Thanks! That is true, they are tricky to scape. Especially if u want to add anything more after its initial setup.

Very nice. In one of the pics I think I saw a golden CAE? You do know they need a much larger tank & can become aggressive? I have 2 that started out in a 10g tank, now in a 46g, one is about 4" long the other slightly smaller, I've had them 8 months. I mention it because I don't know if you researched them or if you were mislead like me when you purchased them, I did my research after I had them.

I have a gold chinese algae eater if that's the same thing. He is about 2 inches in length and is scared of the betta. He does protect his algae pellets though. I also have endlers livebearers in the tank. 8 small fish total. In the smaller chi I have a betta, octocinclus, garra pandas, 1 blue goby. 8 fish total as well. Everything looks peaceful.

I have a gold chinese algae eater if that's the same thing. He is about 2 inches in length and is scared of the betta. He does protect his algae pellets though. I also have endlers livebearers in the tank. 8 small fish total. In the smaller chi I have a betta, octocinclus, garra pandas, 1 blue goby. 8 fish total as well. Everything looks peaceful.

I don't know what size your tanks are, you may want to do some research on the golden Chinese algae eaters & then decide if you're going to keep them as is. I had bought mine without the proper knowledge up front, did the research after & realized the set up I had was not sufficient for them long term. Keep in mind its the adult sized fish we need to accommodate with the tanks we house them in.

Back
Top Bottom