my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I am okay with just letting it go until it stabilizes and do a 50% water change

**updat note**** the fishies are doing great! Still defending their water from any intruders, aka my fingers. My triggers have both found their new game. They swim in the upper front of the tank...from corner to corner, but when they get about halfway, they hit the hob current and ride it out! Funny to watch. Tomorrow is fishy day! Gonna order 2 cf bulbs in the am from aquacave (thanks carey) and head out to the lfs to scope out puffers...may or may not come home with one...also need to pick up a bucket of salt. Gonna see if my lfs has the ability to order a green ora mandarin....not actually gonna order it yet but just check. Also gonna pick up a handleful of pods to toss in my fuge. Do I need to acclimate them? If so how?

I have a pretty big zoanthid that came in the live rock that I bought which was premium grade Fiji lr and I was wondering if it can survive the cycle bc I really don't want it to die

I put the lr on Sunday and Im
Doin all lr and live sand my ph is bewteen 8.0 and 8.2 my amm is 4.0 nitrite is between 1 and 2 my nitrate is 40

huma-huma said:
Ok just letting everyone know that I've had my name changed, I felt that using my gamer name, negligent-inmate, was a good idea:( turns out that some people were getting the wrong idea, therefore my name has been changed to reflect my favorite fish that I now proudly own, a huma-huma trigger fish:)

Also my favorite fish,,,and the reason I have my tank today,..I've spent countless hours watching them along the reefs in Hawaii but it's NOT huma huma....it's humu humu short for humuhumunukunukuapua'a .. Meaning fish with a pigs snout.....just FYI :)

Run a 50% pwc today and one tomorrow, try to keep trates below 20at least but you dont want to take so much out that your stopping your cycle

Ok so here's a pic of my filter floss that I decided to change out today..as you can see why
270233_2212946929377_1418647088_2563421_1912929_n.jpg

Oh and just to clarify for everyone. ALWAYS check your liquid test kits to make sure they are good....I just learned the hard way. The test on the left is the good one...the one on the right is bad....

268570_2213132054005_1418647088_2563549_2907105_n.jpg

Just ordered my lights online:) should be here hopefully by friday-monday. Will post pics once installed and running. Off to my lfs now for some supply/fishy shopping :)

I was debating on picking up 2 12k whites because the actinic doesn't really do anything for the setup/fish we have....but I went with 1 super actinic and 1 12k white......

Now here's a question, I came up with a final stock list, just not sure if my tank size will play an issue...
1 niger trigger
1 picasso trigger
1 MaY clown
1 engineer goby
1 dog-faced puffer
1 black volitan
1 mandarin goby
1 yellow tang
----------------------------
Everything but the tang and mandarin are already going in the tank....just want some opinion as to if I could manage a YT and a ORA mandarin (mandarin further down the road).... I'm willing to get rid of my 2 domino damsels. Is that list ok? Or too big?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom