My Vanishing Fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe your betta DID make a deal... :roll:

Our cat won't look at ANY betta in the house..they spook her since the plakat took a chunk of her nose. The gnarlier ones at the lower levels rush the glass and she nonchalantly pretends she has an errand. She doesn't watch the tetras all the time since SHerbert was put in..and he patrols the front most. She watches the croakers becuase they have fast twitchy movements and she will glance at the tetras adn cories when they are chasing around (then leaves when SHerbert flares at her). He will come rushing over to where she is his tail trailing like a stallion's and skirts out and start posturing and puffin..heh!
Though my room has many half open drawers and shoes about. If I had a tank on my dresser it would take forever to find a small fish!

LOL, christmasfish, my cats do love to watch my 55 gal. I even set them up a chair there in front of the tank so that they could watch...They love to swipe at the glass, and the fish LOVE to tease them... Like "hahaha come and get me" type of thing.
Just an update, while performing a little crime scene investigation, I found one of the swordtails hanging just off the side of the dresser...not very pretty. It must have flopped a good 2 feet to it's death... now back to the scene to uncover some more dead fish!!! 8)

8O eek..poor fishy!
Do you have a potentialbully in there makin everyone leap over the side? yikes!

I hate finding a fish is dead..freaks me out. Specially if they seem okay til they don't move when bumped. My memory imprints are soooo hard to do. I feel like I am desecrating their corpses. And dead fish are so...sticky and cold.bleh!
But eases things later to have a haiku and an imprint to refer to them.

True, true christmasfish, I was pretty upset, but, what am I to do? I won't go into the details of the poor fish, but it wasn't sticky and cold, much worse!

There is no bully in the tank... Only things in there was the betta and the 3 swordtails, and the betta has never chased them around from what I have seen! Oh well, the betta is the king of the tank now I guess...

1 down, 2 to go..

I'm sorry the lil sword is dead, but at least part of the mystery is solved; finding a dead fish is NEVER pleasant.

It worse to find a fish/shrimp on the floor, assume its dead, go to pick it up and have it move tho. Ack! Happened with my first bamboo shrimp; he tried an acclerated evolution and wasn't successful. I found him on the carpet in the morn. Went to remove him, and he MOVED! Good thing I had already gone to the bathroom LOL Poor guy tho; he was out of the water too long and died about 12 hrs later.

Back
Top Bottom