My Water is Definitely Clearing...But is There Such a Thing as Too Much Oxygen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Micro bubbles get stuck in the water column (their buoyancy does not overcome the current in the tank) resulting in less than crystal clear water. Not saying this is your exact problem, but from experience, it can definitely effect water clarity. Not that it isn't healthy or ok for the tank, but it might look less desirable.

did you get a new gravel vac and buckets and give the substrate a good cleaning yet?

Nope; working on getting the buckets from Home Depot (will go at some point very soon) and decided to keep the Top Fin syphon vac to give it another try...at the moment, the water is working on becoming crystal clear, so I'm not playing around with anything...

It really has improved since the final dose of Stability and adding the AquaClear 110...(y)

Small bubbles will be ok but don't let large bubbles go through the filter intake, as mentioned above it will cause vibration of the impeller and in the worst case cause it to run dry for a while, lot have any lubrication and become damaged. So keep an eye on that!

Small bubbles will be ok but don't let large bubbles go through the filter intake, as mentioned above it will cause vibration of the impeller and in the worst case cause it to run dry for a while, lot have any lubrication and become damaged. So keep an eye on that!

Oh Jesus Christ on a Cracker...how am I supposed to keep up with that? :confused::confused::confused:

Ask your local Dunkin' Donuts for their frosting buckets. They come in 5g, 3g, and 1g sizes with lids. They're food-safe and the lids have O-rings to make them water tight. The stores just throw them out.

Aquaclears make a high-pitched whine if they're running dry.

Ask your local Dunkin' Donuts for their frosting buckets. They come in 5g, 3g, and 1g sizes with lids. They're food-safe and the lids have O-rings to make them water tight. The stores just throw them out.

Aquaclears make a high-pitched whine if they're running dry.

LOL!!!! Jim, that's SO funny that you mentioned DUNKIN DONUTS!!! Me and my wife are sitting here having D&D (what I call it) RIGHT NOW! (Bagels, donuts, egg sandwiches, coffee, tea, etc.)...that's SO weird that you mentioned that right now!!!

My wife actually used to work for them years ago in New York, when she was much younger, and she recalls the buckets now after I read her your message -- she agrees these could work!

You mean for water changes, yes?

I've had no problems with the Dunkin' Donuts buckets. All I did was rinse them out really well. They still had frosting bits in them. They're food grade plastic. I've transported fish in them with no issues.

I use them for lots of things. I have two 5g buckets full of gravel, a couple 1g buckets full of sand, and I use the 3g for all kinds of aquarium-related things. I've got a python, so I don't have to lug buckets for PWCs, but the 3g is great for cleaning filters.

My brother works at Dunkin' Donuts, so I get a lot of these buckets.

I suppose it might be ok. Still I think the extra couple $$ is worth it. What do they do with them, throw them away? Maybe I should start stopping by dunkin donuts now and then.

Back
Top Bottom