My water temp gets up to 93F, what fish can I get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd also chime in and say that your best bet at this point would be to relocate the aquarium or invest in climate control for that room.

There are few if any fish in existence that would survive very long in water over 85*F, let alone 90*F.

And it's very possible that any fish out there that could survive 90+* probably is not suited to be kept in an aquarium.

I'm gonna lay this question out there - is there ANY way you can air condition your space to 80 even? I just can't see what is going to be healthy and not die in that warm of water. My parents heat their pool only to 82 in the summer and most of the summer they don't have to use the heater and it gets up to 85-88 and it is warm and comfortable. Over 82ish is going to be too warm for most any fish.

I keep my tanks under 80 (BTW 74 & 78). So in the winter, as you said, you're gonna need a heater.

Perhaps an in-window air conditioner? Get one used on Craigs List or something?

I'm gonna lay this question out there - is there ANY way you can air condition your space to 80 even? I just can't see what is going to be healthy and not die in that warm of water. My parents heat their pool only to 82 in the summer and most of the summer they don't have to use the heater and it gets up to 85-88 and it is warm and comfortable. Over 82ish is going to be too warm for most any fish.

I keep my tanks under 80 (BTW 74 & 78). So in the winter, as you said, you're gonna need a heater.

Perhaps an in-window air conditioner? Get one used on Craigs List or something?

I'm planning on getting a HOB or top filter in addition to the canister I have now, hoping that it would cool the water down a little bit, maybe a fan too. But getting an aircon just for that area or an aquarium chiller is out of the question, my better half is one of those green folks who drives a Prius

LOL - Okay... It is funny you say that... I am *green* too - no prius but like to conserve. I keep worrying about my filters going out if the power goes out. So I've been looking in to getting just enough solar power to run my aquarium filters!

Truly, I would try to at least then move the aquarium to where it is cooler. As others suggested.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom